Best place / worst place

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the reasons, love the terrain in Vale, don't like the raping you get going there or the issues that go with the town, Hasler is my worst, always zero visibility, poor trail in, radio controlled access road nobody seems to call on, kakwa is fun because it's close to home and most days if you know the area you can always find fresh snow and they allow temporary camps for a fee that goes toward grooming the trail into the riding area, this year I'd be happy with anywhere that has snow

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK Sledmamma i will have to admit the hart ranges are a little big. And you have road a bit of them too (close to pass lake) ring a bell.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the worst was a white out in blue lake, no idea where we were and could not see the bumper of sled in front. bent the brake handle on the sled , fawk never want to do that again.

favorites were riding in utah , riding in fernie- pipeline, rolling hills. riding in golden- silent pass, silvermines, hope creek,gorman(my favorite). riding west of rocky- hummingbird onion lake( had a great time with bogger) boundary trails.

my next time out sleddin ( what i look forward to)

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turtle, out by the Copeland, and paint lake! Been five years and I can't wait to see that country again!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best places - Silent Pass, Crowfoot, Adam's Plateau, Rolling Hills
In the Middle - Quartz, Gorman and Atlas
Worst place - York Creek, only because it wasn't what we expected and should have researched it better.

TBD
Heading to Blue Lake this weekend.
Need to ride Elkford again.
Someday I'll make the trip to Valemount

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best places - Silent Pass, Crowfoot, Adam's Plateau, Rolling Hills
In the Middle - Quartz, Gorman and Atlas
Worst place - York Creek, only because it wasn't what we expected and should have researched it better.

TBD
Heading to Blue Lake this weekend.
Need to ride Elkford again.
Someday I'll make the trip to Valemount
X2 on silent pass.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paint Lake Manitoba? If so +1 (only if it's warmer than -40C) been six years for me
Paint lake manitoba!!! That's exactly where iam talkin bout.. I enjoy climbing the piles of chickenpoop and haggling with Mennonite's at the farmers market most of all..

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top 3:

Wyoming (Jackson Hole)
PK
Red Deer/Wapiti

Bottom 3:

Kakwa -hate the trail ride and ch!t ton of rocks. too many people...especially the drunken RETARDS. one or 2 pops on the mtn over the course of the day..cool. 20?? LOSERS

Silver Sands...worst trail ride i have ever been on...12kms to boot

Beatton River (FSJ)- thought we would do a run down the river first year i lived here. all the hills...MUST have snow...right??? RIGHT??? FAWK NO. nearly died that day more than once. hit a log just under the snow and went off a drop and landed on a rock buried maybe 2" below the surface. my neck remembers this clearly..lol

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK Sledmamma i will have to admit the hart ranges are a little big. And you have road a bit of them too (close to pass lake) ring a bell.

Maaaaaaaaayyyyybbbbeeeee yes. Probly not no. ?!? :p

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paint Lake looks fantastic to me.Mcbride is also a winner.
Your paint lake looks pretty awsome, My Manitoba experience consists more of that dinner plate flat stuff and a couple of unplesent experience's at the Emerson crossing that I prefer to keep blocked out of my memory.

Ron Schultz

Reaction score
Golden Triangle (|Wct, Swan Hills, Fox Creek, Edson) is great with good snow conditions...lots of cutlines and power lines. I agree with posters above about Strathcona County....I would not even think of not trailering around there and so many nice ditches to ride if the snow is good....but way to much hassle from the Federales!

Reactions: RXN

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best place for me is Kakwa, (this year I want to come into the area from the B.C. side just to see what it's like.)
Worst place, I can't honestly think of a place that I sledded where I would never go back... everywhere is fun with a foot of fresh snow!

Top Bottom