Best gloves for sledding

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at picking up a new set of gloves this season. What are the good ones to look at for keeping the hands warm and dry?

Mtn riding do you guys where 1 pair to ride with and then a 2nd set to dig out with? I use my mechanix gloves to ride but they end up soaked after the first stuck and stay that way all day, only other set I have is thick leather gloves for the cold days riding lakes & trails up here in Cold Lake.

Where is KLIM link that used to be on this site?

Thanks, guys

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a coulpe different pairs but the ones I like the most are castles I find they seem to stay the driest the longest but do get wet by the end of the day. The others are Activa warm but they get wet quick.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, As Long As They're Gore-tex They'll Be Good.... A 2nd Pair For Getting Stuck Is Good. I Usually Carry About 4 - 5 Pairs With Me At Anyone Time(carried In The Backpack). There's Nothing Worse Than Wet, Cold Hands........

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll be looking at the sled show this year to see what is out there.

Thanks, guys

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Find The Mechanix Gloves Work The Best, But You Need The Out Door Winter Ones They Are Wind Proof And Water Proof, I Love Them.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually carry 3-4 sets of gloves, just cheap ones as they all get wet . Depending on weather I save one dry pair for the ride down to the truck. Always also keep two dry shirts for the ride down, just can't stand freezing my butt off on the ride out.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
NOTE: THE GOOD GLOVES ARE A TWO PIECE GORETEX GLOVE, SO WHEN THEY ARE WET, YOU CAN TAKE THEM APART AND DRY THE OUTER SHELL AND THE LINER SEPERATELY(ESPECIALLY AFTER A HARD DAY SLEDDING)..... WORKS WAY BETTER(DRIES BETTER) THAN THE 1 PIECE GLOVES. I LIKE THE SPORKS.... VERY WARM AND GOOD GRIP AND EVEN A GOGGLE SCRAPER BUILT INTO THE FINGER........ JUST MY 2 CENTS AGAIN:twocents:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry 5 or 6 pairs. A really warm pair for the ride up to the alpina and back and a bunch of lighter ones for riding in the hills. I've tried a ton of different ones but the ones I like the best are from R.U. Outside snowmobile boots & gloves, motorcycle jackets, winter clothing, windproof balaclavas, thermal base layer underwear, merino wool socks...mail ordered off the net. They also have great microfibre stuff for pretty decent prices.
The skidoo snowcross gauntlets are pretty good too.

topomountain

Reaction score
the best ones out there are the black diamond ice climbing glove. they are super warm and will be dry at the end of the day. they are a little pricey but they will last for seasons to come. mine are 4 years old and still look new. you can pick them up at any outdoor specialty shop.

Top Bottom