Best Burger in Calgary! (oh yea baby!)

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I don't know how many burger fans there are on here, but if you haven't tried FatBurger in Deerfoot Meadows...you simply don't know what you're missing. The chain is from the states and started in California in 1956 and they make each burger to order. These things are mouth watering to the ninth degree so if you haven't tried one, stop in for a double fat cheese and you'll thank me.

Inexpensive they are not, but the quality keeps me coming back at least a couple times a month to score on a wicked lunch. Just got back from there and also scored some points with the wife as I took some home for her and the kids. That was as good as a Valentines day score so now I can go sledding tomorrow and will do it guilt free!
:specool:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's good to know. I haven't had a good burger in Calgary, since I moved here 2.5 yrs ago.

:beer::beer::d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fatburger has Peters beat in the burger dept. it's the other way around for fries.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The burgers at applebees rule. They have this chipotle one...............holy ch!t it rules. Not sure if there is one in Calgary though, there is in Edmonton.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
No comparing Applebees to FatBurger! In fact, of all the burgers I have ever eatin, and this includes some wickedly famous burger stand stops in the US and Canada, I would easily rate FatBurger as the BEST burger on the planet. Seriously!

Try one for yourself?

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the Elk and Orsman in Banff, especially the Bison or Elk or Chorizio Burger, those are tasty. The Burgers at the Golden Rim Inn are killer "the Rip saw" puts anything to shame....
I do like Fat burger though, but may not be as good as "In and Out" or "Carls Jr" in my opinion, but I do go to Fat burger once a month.
Nice post and keep the food critiques coming, I love eating.

Who has the best pulled pork sandwich in town? At the moment I'm loving those.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from there and also scored some points with the wife as I took some home for her and the kids. That was as good as a Valentines day score so now I can go sledding tomorrow and will do it guilt free!
:specool:

If you can score enough points to go sleddin on Valentines day by bringing home burgers... I would be concerned that you may not be the only one delivering meat to your wife!!!:eek:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Tommyburger a try, you won't be dissapointed. McLeod Trail beside the Ranchmans.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best burger joint in calgary has to be - LOUNGE BURGER. MacLeod Trail accross from Stampede Station. Again, not real cheap, but worth the trip once and awhile.

Another build you own burger restaurant with a sweet pub on the side. Pub has LCD tvs in each booth and it is perfect for that pre-game stop before the saddledome rips you off. Choices range from beef, kobe beef, bison, elk, lamb chicken, turkey, tuna, shrimp, salmon... just to name a few. 7 choices of fries, 8 choices of cheese, 6 choices of buns, do i need to go on??

I mean, who else has a $40 burger that comes with kobe beef topped with prosciutto wrapped lobster?

I just got really hungry!!

Last edited:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Good thing I just had a bite to eat on the way to the office or I'd be headed for that prociutto wrapped lobster thing right now. I'll have to check that out!

When I lived in Winnipeg, the best burger was the FatBoy at Juniors, Georges Inn, and some other little place on Main Street (Can't recall the name) across the the CN Terminal. I miss those greasy burgers and fries! I think I ate a whopper? Once?

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was and still may be on Edmonton Trail a place called Boogies Burgers,real good and on Northmont Dr N.W. there is CB Drive Inn,not bad burger with great low prices.
Good part about driving truck in the city is all the burger joints.
I've got to agree on the Fatburger hmmm real good !

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fatburgers are overpriced heart attacks on a greasey bun.

Vegetarian by chance?

I've never had a greasy bun or a greasy burger there before. Did you even read the title of this thread? It's about burgers man.

GasCan = Non Vegan! :ha_ha:

No and yes. Hmmm, the title of this thread is "Best burger in Calgary! (oh ya baby)

I replied with what I thought about the only FATburgers I have ever tried and they were both just as I described...Overpriced heart attacks on a greasy bun! Apparently you find my description of the Fatburger hard to understand.

You say it's about burgers man!

Really, you think?

Top Bottom