Best 38" tires?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a new to me sled truck. She's in bad need of some tires. Looking for the best all around tire. I know nothing will be be great in the winter in that size. I'm new to tires this big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

summitx411

Reaction score
That's tough. Usually m/t's are good in snow or slush but bad on ice. A dedicated snow tire such as a blizzak or winter force will be hard to find in that size I imagine.

Had 35 trail grapplers on last winter. Ice was manageable but snow was fun as hell. Hydroplaning was tough to do on slush. Have 37 open country's on this winter will see how they perform.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open country mt's and get them siped they worked very well. Not as good as a dedicated snow tire but I have been using them for the last 5 years. The difference in siping and not having them done is night and day. If you are running into BC you better check on regs they were starting to crack down on the snowflake thing.....

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The open country mt's are what I'm leaning towards. They seem to be the most rounded tire. Definitely not looking for a dedicated winter tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to say dura tracks, they are a mud and snow tire, they are stud able. I know i posted this before in a different thread but I run 325/60/20's siped and studded and love them.:beer:

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Toyo's will definitely get you by and probably be ok. But the best suggestion I have is run 2 sets! I ran 37's and 38's on a few of my trucks over a few years and best thing I ever did was down size tires for winter especially the width..

I know it costs double and so on, might look a little silly running smaller tires but I would rather the small tire look with as much control as possible.

Ran 38" Nitto Mud Grapplers thru spring/summer & Duratrac's in the winter.

I highly suggest the new (Toyo AT II Xtreme) I know they don't come in a 38 but if you want to down size for winter maybe check them out..

I used to think looks and style but now I think safety and reliability.. Especially when pulling thru the hills

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spare set of 22" with 38s with 70% ish tread left. $900 rims are in awesome cond. 8 bolt off my dmax....

Top Bottom