Bent my s module what are your thoughts

graham87

Reaction score
Bent it ditch banging didn't notice until removed pipes to install skid plate. Is it totally pooched or could a guy get away riding the season possibly and fixing it in off season. Nothing else seems to be bent everything is still aligned. Not
gonna ditch bang much anymore save it for the pow in the mountains if we ever get any. This is a 14 xm. Not sure if it's warranted to tear apart and $$ and fix if not 100 percent needed. Any advice or experience thanks also the damaged is contained to the lower lip and hasn't really affected the face of the module if that even matters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 429

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where the bolts go through check the head side. If u hit hard at all it'll be cracked. If no cracks rip on er

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1390756772497.jpg

This is the weak point. Check for breakage. Doesn't look like u hit hard enough though.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont worry about it. Its not the S. Unless there is more damage under that, to the S module, there is really nothing to fix s mod.jpg This is an S module

Trev

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing the s mod in a 13 xm and was planning on grinding or knocking off the rivets and was wondering about using grade 8 bolts to reinstall where the big mushroom rivets are as I dont have a rivet tool for them or ? (could buy rivet tool and rivets if I can find in town)
What have some of you guys done,the dealer has an s mod attached to the alluminum "tower" but I was leaning more to just the cast alluminum s mod
thanks for any info

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use grade 8 with nylon lock nuts. Hit the rivets with a punch or broken screw driver....probably why my screw drivers are wrecked...cant find a punch

Top Bottom