BC opposes new Williams Lake Mine now....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Possible 2000 jobs....Seems like they just want to ride the shirt tail of the the rest of the country. Get your chit together and get to work you bums.

I'm pretty sure it is just a vocal element that you are hearing (greenies, some First Nations, and those who are jumping on the band wagon).

The movers and shakers are going to make this happen this time with the new tailings pond location. iMHO

PowderStew

Reaction score
Most of the people in the Williams Lake area are in favour of the mine. They realy need the jobs. The bug kill wood is running out and logging is dropping off. Once in production this mine will have about 700 full time jobs, all very good paying. What you see on TV are the natives that oppose anything and the leaf lickers that line up behind them. There are way more people that recognize this as a good thing than a bad thing.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Most of the people in the Williams Lake area are in favour of the mine. They realy need the jobs. The bug kill wood is running out and logging is dropping off. Once in production this mine will have about 700 full time jobs, all very good paying. What you see on TV are the natives that oppose anything and the leaf lickers that line up behind them. There are way more people that recognize this as a good thing than a bad thing.

and we already know where the media stand..............right behind the leaf lickers, the greenies, and the First Nations. Friggin' social agenda of the media?????????

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheif Charleyboy has the right idea. He doesn't want handouts from Taseko he wants jobs for his band members. In the next 3 years there will be sawmill closures in the Cariboo due to fibre restraints and these people will need new employment options. This mine is in a really remote location and the only people opposing it are the first nations, with their hands out, and the hypocritical pamphlet warrior type greenies from the lower mainland.

The environmental types, particularly from the lower mainland, really blow my mind. They fail to see the connection between our resource based economy and their comfortable little lives. Resources drive this province they are just further down the indirect economic food chain and can't see past all their granola for the connection.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Cheif Charleyboy has the right idea. He doesn't want handouts from Taseko he wants jobs for his band members. In the next 3 years there will be sawmill closures in the Cariboo due to fibre restraints and these people will need new employment options. This mine is in a really remote location and the only people opposing it are the first nations, with their hands out, and the hypocritical pamphlet warrior type greenies from the lower mainland.

The environmental types, particularly from the lower mainland, really blow my mind. They fail to see the connection between our resource based economy and their comfortable little lives. Resources drive this province they are just further down the indirect economic food chain and can't see past all their granola for the connection.

You have a way with words that I like and understand..................well put!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Love this line of BS... But aboriginal groups have also complained bitterly about poverty and unemployment and lack of opportunity for their young people.

Read more: Compromises needed in latest review of new Prosperity Mine near Williams Lake

I lived near Williams Lake for a long time... complain about not being able to find a job all you want... no one is going to give you a job until you clean up and get off your butt... anyone that really wants a good paying job in today's society can get one... but the government and no one else should give you a job just because your young, native and sitting at home.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The original plan of draining a substantial lake to then use that area as a tailing pond was pretty dumb in my opinion. Im all for responsible resource based economy as my family has been in logging and mining here in BC since 1930's. As always there are the leaf lickers thats hate anything that is resource based and they are NOT the majority of people I know just the vocal media sucking tits that spend all their time lobbying the media who then in turn portrays them as being the "majority" of BC'ers......

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The original plan of draining a substantial lake to then use that area as a tailing pond was pretty dumb in my opinion. Im all for responsible resource based economy as my family has been in logging and mining here in BC since 1930's. As always there are the leaf lickers thats hate anything that is resource based and they are NOT the majority of people I know just the vocal media sucking tits that spend all their time lobbying the media who then in turn portrays them as being the "majority" of BC'ers......

The original plan that this company had is why, I think, some people are still against this mine. Some now see this company as doing the absolute minimum needed to get approvals regardless of the effect on the local enviro. When they originally proposed this mine they vigorously defended, during the review process, the plan as stated above by saying it wasn't financially viable. They were denied their application, now miraculously it is viable to do what wasn't doable before (maybe markets have changed to enable this, I don't know enough about this).

This is my assessment of why there are some who don't want this mining company doing business in that area :twocents:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possible 2000 jobs....Seems like they just want to ride the shirt tail of the the rest of the country. Get your chit together and get to work you bums.

Your investigative journalism skills may be suspect here sumx54....:) BC is a contributor and not a taker from the pot. We haven't rode any shirt tails for quite a while. Sure there is some who oppose this mine and some who don't over here, but we aren't all against it as your title suggests. Oh yah................ lots of us bums over here have been contributing to this country, over 30 years of contributions from moi (and I'm getting fed up with that when I see how good goverment is at mismanaging it :rant:)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Your investigative journalism skills may be suspect here sumx54....:) BC is a contributor and not a taker from the pot. We haven't rode any shirt tails for quite a while. Sure there is some who oppose this mine and some who don't over here, but we aren't all against it as your title suggests. Oh yah................ lots of us bums over here have been contributing to this country, over 30 years of contributions from moi (and I'm getting fed up with that when I see how good goverment is at mismanaging it :rant:)

its the quick knee jerk of social media... I jumped on the wagon just cause BC spawns leaf lickers therefore you're all guilty by association... Bwa hahahahaha. J/k

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A quick note on the "spawning of leaf lickers" I live in the Kootenays and there are unfortunatly several of these wizards hanging around. Most are NOT from BC !! Many are trust funders turned pretend hippy from Ontario, as well as a huge demographic that moved here from the US.......... wish we could send them back or at least to Quebec....

Top Bottom