BC Floods & Restorations (formerly, Prayers needed)

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here is video we took yesterday of work at 2mile and in town Sicamous. Some places are without power because the "government" said its too dangerous and now these places have to pay to have someone come in do an inspection and turn power on yes a joke Trever at Macs machine was on the news...he is without power!
As for our creek at 6 mile we had a government worker come look at the damage. We are waiting to see if they will fix it the right way this time. So people here are trying to get back to life while waiting for the powers that be to get off the pot... So to speak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlrsQIcnIhY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable! You would think the Govt would be helping, not looking to make a profit!

Yup for sure it's been 3 weeks since hummingbird creek flooded and no one has come to inspect it or sure up the banks yet!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I dont know who you are Willie I'm going to guess someone's alter non the less take this chit to one of your many other threads. Sorry but I'm sick of this I have spent many hours getting all this info together about this flooding my family is in the heart of it not once but twice! So unless anyone has something productive to add to this topic please stop its just plain rude.
Here is a photo today I took of Mara at swansea point.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342211340.950692.jpg

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lotsa debris I see. Will they be cleaning it out?

Actually they/we are no allowed to touch the logs until they are beached! You know has something to do with it helping the beaches to not wash away! Lol never mind the beaches everything else is washing away.
I was downtown Sicamous and the waters have gone down almost a block this is good!
Waterways looks to have its temp building and parking lots open for business too!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually they/we are no allowed to touch the logs until they are beached! You know has something to do with it helping the beaches to not wash away! Lol never mind the beaches everything else is washing away.
I was downtown Sicamous and the waters have gone down almost a block this is good!
Waterways looks to have its temp building and parking lots open for business too!

Really? Imagine smacking one of them with a boat?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? Imagine smacking one of them with a boat?

Ya, it wouldn't be good. My boat is tucked away till things clear up. Having to travel down to swan and woods to get some skiing in. I saw some fools pulling kids on a tube through that junk the other day. Not the smartest thing to do.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were out there last week and once you were out around the shark shack the water was clear of debris was a great time just gotta use common sense sure feel for all the peaple out there definatly hurting the local economy

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were out there last week and once you were out around the shark shack the water was clear of debris was a great time just gotta use common sense sure feel for all the peaple out there definatly hurting the local economy
Yes it is better on the big lake and ok for a cruise and a float. Flat water for skiing out there with all the boats doing circles is rare so I like to ski on the river up to Grindrod. Lots of debri in the river and Mara.

Top Bottom