backcountry use coalition hijacked by "special interests"

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on the Kootenay Snowsports Society for joining this group, Columbia Valley Recreation Access Coalition, so that it couldn't push through their agenda without opposition, and for taking a stand when the group was obviously biased and not working.

"Group Withdraws From Backcountry Coalition"

And boo to Wildsight for using names on a meeting sign up sheet to apply for government grants, portraying meeting participants as "supporters" in the name of getting more money.

"Citizen's Name Misused"

"Talks Backfire" (good editorial)

I especially like:"In addition, as a member of the media I have now had to stand up in front of the group not once, not twice, but three times, to fight for my right to be there. Many (but certainly not all) people in the coalition would rather the talks about public land use be private. Some have asked to edit my stories, or to vote on whether the quotes said in a meeting are “allowed” to be used in the media."

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the leaf licker's new strategy of trying to keep it private isn't working. The process a few years ago in Cranbrook was public, with all stakeholders involved, and the motorized side stood our ground. Organizations like Wildsight didn't like that one little bit. Gotta stay on top of these people. They're very good at what they do and they've got nothin' but time & money. Usually our money!

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the peeps that hung in there and didnt let the azzhats have their way with our crown areas. hats off to the reporter who see's whats happening in that area as well as most of BC it seems.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Keep up the fight!

Ah, WildSight! A definite bone of contention in the Kootenay's!

They lie, scheme, and portray that they are the good guys for Mother Nature. What a bunch of BS. They forget that people need to recreate, jobs need to be had, and that the environment is mostly just fine. Where would our communities be without mining, logging, and oil/gas exploration and all the services that they require?

It is interesting to note that C.Brennan (a WildSight up and up) was hired by Teck Resourses as an Aboriginal Liason. Enough said at this point in time......

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said Ferniesnow perhaps a few emails of enlightenment to tech might help ....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer wasn't just meant as a joke when it was first said so many years ago! I actually attempted that with one of those Wildsight dudes who shall remain nameless (Dave Quinn) during the process in Cranbrook....but I just couldn't live with myself! Of course spending so much time getting the knife out of my back didn't help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom