Awd not working

sks1

Reaction score
2002 polaris 400 awd on demand should all 4 wheels be turning when its off the ground.it doesnt seem to lock in until you really rev it up and it just jerks the handle bar almost out off you hand and i thinck only one wheel is locking up.Cant figure it out.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would bet your hub fluid is dirty. try giving it a change. depending on how dirty you may have to give it a couple changes.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2003 sportman had simalar problem it was the connection in the speedmeter it control the all wheel drive

sks1

Reaction score
i changed the hub oil 4 times already still no diference checked all the connections still no diference .Bypassed the speedo with a ground wire awd light is on but still nothing . How much magnetisim should the hubs have when it is not moving. Are speed sensors common problem with this awd system how many ohms should the speed sensor have.

4strokin'

Reaction score
there should be quite a bit of magnetisum. you can really feel it stick. speed sensors are a fairly common issue. is your speedo working?

4strokin'

Reaction score
if speedo is working then it wont be the speed sensor. would lean more toward worn armature plates or bad coils in the hubs

Top Bottom