Avy Risk between Revy & Valemount?

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On average, where would you think that the avalanche hazard is higher, Revy or Valemount?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both places have safe riding areas as well as dangerous ones. i'm not an avy expert but i think its safe to say that no matter where you go right now its very dangerous.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the current danger. We are headed out on the 15th and so we are just thinking about trying to minimize. We are familiar with Revy in having been there many times before but only to Valemount once many years ago. We were thinking of switching things up a little but are wondering if the familiarity with Revy may give us a better chance at being safe.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is rated high right now. I would think revy may be a bit worse with all the snow and above zero temps the last few days.

Regional Forecast

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Being familiar with the terrain your riding in will almost always increase your chances of having a good day apposed to having the worstest day ever :eek: I'm always a little leary when entering unfamiliar terrain with high avy risk. If the weather is socked in a little and you've never ridden the area before it makes it hard to know where all your "outs" are. Have fun and Ride Safe. :beer: :beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This is not a question you can do and average on. It is based on the weather (past and present), snowfall etc. On any given date the conditions will be good in one area and bad in the other. You have to rely on Avy reports and good sense.

On average, where would you think that the avalanche hazard is higher, Revy or Valemount?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check here for latest reports and conditions....
Regions

Revy and Valemount appear to have a poor rating, McBride is right on the border of the 2 report areas, north columbia to the south, north Rockies seems to be the better choice of areas according to the reports. the extreme cold followed by the rapidly warming temps and big dump of snow would be the contributing factor to the danger in the north and south Columbia areas

Top Bottom