AVY Packs !

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these fairly common canisters to find?

And if you wear an avy vest, can you still wear an external backpack or will it interfere with the deployment of the bag? I'm looking for an alternative to my old RMX bag.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And does anyone have experience with this brand of bag? I don't want to sacrifice reliability for comfort. Never heard of them is all.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are the original avi vest. With impact panels.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the vest and bags. Any advice? Would a I still wear my tekvest or would the vest replace it?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the vest and bags. Any advice? Would a I still wear my tekvest or would the vest replace it?
I prefer my vest over my pack. Carries the weight much more comfortably. The Snowpulse vest has pockets that you can slide armour plates in, for protection. I wear a MotoX jacket under my gear, not a full TekVest. I find them too bulky. I know I'm gambling with my sides being exposed but I'm banking on being able to get my arm to my side which is fully protected.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

im not sure if i will be able to wear my body armor under it. The wary vest has removable double density panels in the front. One bruised rib takes weeks to heal.
time will tell, they are saying 1 to 2 week shipping time.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these fairly common canisters to find?

And if you wear an avy vest, can you still wear an external backpack or will it interfere with the deployment of the bag? I'm looking for an alternative to my old RMX bag.

Im not sure, but mountain magic here in edmonton is or was a dealer

calltrex

Reaction score
Dumb question about tech vest. You wear them so u can deliberately go through trees and hit branches or is it for unsuspecting branches just under the snow and they hit you when going through?

I haven't had the chance to do much of that yet

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could hit anything, ive wiped out and didnt know what i hit....so i wear armor. just not sure if it will fit under the vest and jacket. With the panels id say no...but then again its motor cross armor i wear.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dumb question about tech vest. You wear them so u can deliberately go through trees and hit branches or is it for unsuspecting branches just under the snow and they hit you when going through?

Trees are a small issue I would say. Impalement I guess is an issue for sure. I wear my vest mostly for when I am taking drops or jumping with my freeride. Sometimes the landings are not so much fun. I have knocked the wind out of myself multiple times with my handle bars but thanks to the tech vest I have never broke anything. Yet......

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are for general protection on your torso. It is amazing how comfortable they are and how well they work. You dont have to be a sledneck to utilize one either. One day we were playing in trees and I caught a stump under the snow and it threw me into the bars HARD. If it werent for my tekvest I would have had broken ribs for sure. Also a nice peace of mind if you do jumps or drops, or for protection if you ever happen to be in an avy.

Thanks for the heads up Vance! I have a 33 litre pack on the way. Figured I didnt want to give up my tekvest, and nice to have the option to pack a little more if you want. About time I got an avy pack.

calltrex

Reaction score
Never even thought about for hitting your own machines. I'll check some out at the sled show in 2 weeks.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw it, ordered 3 of them and other goodies.

One thing a buddy pointed out after I ordered mine. They offer a clip on pocket to hold your shovel blade. It was $20, now it's $9.99. I'm trying to reply to the order email to have that added. They've removed all contact info from the website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Tech Vest, and I'm not sure what others are meaning either. There is a brand called TekVest (well TekRider) and they sell a vest that provides full torso protection. I see this for protection from impact into your own machine mostly. It is heavier protection that also wraps around your ribs, protecting you in the case that you sled rolls over you, it won't crush your ribs.
A lot of guys, including myself wear MotoX armour. It's a little bit less bulky but doesn't wrap around the side of your body as well. I wear a Fox Titan jacket, and it provides chest protection (great for your bars), a removable articulating spine pad (which I don't wear because I always have my avy vest on and everything in there is essentially doing the job of the pad), it also has full arms with shoulder, upper and lower arm protection. This kind of protection is great for tree bashing, fall off the sled, hitting your own bars, but if you sled rolls over you, it will not provide the same kind of rib protection. This is a risk that I have calculated and I'm willing to take, for a little less bulk under my gear. TekRider also sells gear similar to this, as well.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Tech Vest, and I'm not sure what others are meaning either. There is a brand called TekVest (well TekRider) and they sell a vest that provides full torso protection. I see this for protection from impact into your own machine mostly. It is heavier protection that also wraps around your ribs, protecting you in the case that you sled rolls over you, it won't crush your ribs.
A lot of guys, including myself wear MotoX armour. It's a little bit less bulky but doesn't wrap around the side of your body as well. I wear a Fox Titan jacket, and it provides chest protection (great for your bars), a removable articulating spine pad (which I don't wear because I always have my avy vest on and everything in there is essentially doing the job of the pad), it also has full arms with shoulder, upper and lower arm protection. This kind of protection is great for tree bashing, fall off the sled, hitting your own bars, but if you sled rolls over you, it will not provide the same kind of rib protection. This is a risk that I have calculated and I'm willing to take, for a little less bulk under my gear. TekRider also sells gear similar to this, as well.

Klim makes the actual "Tek Vest" which is what I have.

Top Bottom