Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i heard that people put ATF in their gas tanks to clean out the engine (injectors etc).
Does this actually work? Any Problems?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back in the old carb days we used to pour a bit of ATF fluid down the carb to help break up carbon build up.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Kids, if we had a heap we were sending to Auction, it'd get ATF in the gas, and ATF in the oil. It's just oil with a ch!t-ton of detergents. It'd make em smoke less, and idle smooth in most cases...A liter in a full tank, and a liter in 5L of engine oil....never saw any ill effects...

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago while working at a car dealership, i seen the mechanics add a little ATF to the engine oil. Reason was to cure the odd sticky lifter etc. Never seen anyone add ATF to the fuel system.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2

seafoam in the oil or gas works GREAT! I just picked up another case! I love this stuff!

Years ago while working at a car dealership, i seen the mechanics add a little ATF to the engine oil. Reason was to cure the odd sticky lifter etc. Never seen anyone add ATF to the fuel system.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I asked what he's putting it in, you can use it in a diesel.

If your asking to put seafoam in Diesel..........YES strongly recommended. Seafoam is great for 2 stroke as well, much moret than a fuel stabilizer.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not meant to steal the thread here but they also have a product called Trans Tune. This product is great for noisy power steering pumps to sticky hydraulic levers. Pour in a couple of ounces thats all it takes.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know a bunch of guys that use amsoil intercepter 2 stroke oil in there diesel trucks better fuel millage but that is just hear say my ford goes thru so much diesel it dosn't have time to gum up hahaha

Top Bottom