Atlas area conditions

summit7

Reaction score
Looking to head out on Sat with the wife and my new sled.
Anyone know or heard what the conditions are at Atlas?

summit7

Reaction score
Yes,my wife and I did get out ot Atlas,pipeline from staging area,good up to first meter station then bare rocks,ran into two guys who tried to get over Deadmans Pass,not enough snow.Atlas needs a major dump for good riding conditions,no grooming being done yet.

jwood99

Reaction score
let us know how it is, hoping to come down after christmas

summit7

Reaction score
Yes,please let me know what it is like too.
If they get a major dump there is lots of new areas open after all the beetle killed trees have been culled.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it is. Taking a couple new riders down that way and would like to hit Atlas. If the snow is good Atlas is a fun place to learn.

Does anyone have any other suggestions in case the snow is no good?

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got up atlas today, seems to be more snow up York on the south side of the highway. Quite a few rocks an stumps showing you can't venture off the trail to much. If your looking for a trail ride atlas is alright. I would recomend sotorice or York creek for right now just my 2 cents

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Atlas January 3rd. Ran into the groomers at Window Mtn. Rode to the Saftey hut and into the trees behind. Snow was OK in most spots but blown to the rocks in others. Ventured off trail a few times in 3' to 4' of bottomless sugar snow. Bottomless until you hit the stumps that is.

Definatley a good base but needs to set up and dump another foot or so.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out today and trails are holding up not too bad. Some bare spots but they aren't for any long distances. Definitely need some snow down here. Lot of water in the staging area.

sledhd88

Reaction score
i rode atlas saturday jan 16, and some how with this warm weather they got snow, staging area had a good 4-6" fresh, and as you went higher up it just got better. Definately could use more snow, but not bad considering the weather

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode atlas saturday jan 16, and some how with this warm weather they got snow, staging area had a good 4-6" fresh, and as you went higher up it just got better. Definately could use more snow, but not bad considering the weather

what time do you get there
we were second in the lot with the 06 900 600 rmk's riding with two
ski-doos

sledhd88

Reaction score
i was ther around 9:30 or so, i was riding my 08, buddy was riding my black 99, and i was with a guy riding a blue skidoo 583, and i was driving a lifted white dodge, i dont believe i seen ya :d:d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was ther around 9:30 or so, i was riding my 08, buddy was riding my black 99, and i was with a guy riding a blue skidoo 583, and i was driving a lifted white dodge, i dont believe i seen ya :d:d

you were backed up to the snowbank on the eastside then

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i was, wut did u think of the conditons polarice?

the pipeline was a little bare in spots so we stuck to the trail till we got a bit further north ... didnt do too much off trail stuff but we did manage to find some snow deep enough to get stuck ... was a blast for some reason getting stuck and unstuck is all part of the fun ....i still want to venture more into the bc side but maybe next weekend ...we were there a long time ago and found some great open places to play ... im on a quest to find them again

sledhd88

Reaction score
ya i ve never gone on the trail into the b.c side, wuts it like and how long of a trek is it, is ther good highmarkin hill and stuff like that, or more trail riding?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i ve never gone on the trail into the b.c side, wuts it like and how long of a trek is it, is ther good highmarkin hill and stuff like that, or more trail riding?

well if i find the same spot that we were at years ago its a lot of areas to play in

but still looking for the spot
there is lots of guys that head out that way maybe i should hook up with them and see where they go

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if i find the same spot that we were at years ago its a lot of areas to play in

but still looking for the spot
there is lots of guys that head out that way maybe i should hook up with them and see where they go

usually with the atlas area if you come over deadmans pass and continue on to the right once on bc side you get to a place called alexander creek and it has some amazing bowls farther up the road for hillclimbing i think it is fedorek and goat basin that are back there also the sparwood snowmobile cabin is back there as well usually no one goes back there so lots of untracked be careful on deadmans pass they were logging up there in november and early december

Top Bottom