Are there any handgun owners on here?

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My restricted application is away and I am going to start up a collection. Right now I am trying to decide between a Glock 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp or a Smith & Wesson 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp. (I will probably buy one Glock and one S&W in alternate chambering). I also really like the Smith & Wesson 629 357 Magnum with a 6 inch barrel.

Any other gun nuts out there? Or want to give me advice on why I should or should not buy a certain model? (I know this is an invitation for abuse)

TRAV

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a Glock! I have a Glock 22 in 40S&W and really like it. Price on them is fairly good too. I like the 40 because it is more powerfull than and 9mm and grip is not as big as with a 45ACP so it fits nicer. The 45GAP is supposed to have a smaller grip but never tried one, ammo would be harder to come by.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks sumx54.
Treehuggers can come on here and spout off all they want. They will just be ignored like they are in real life and will not be getting any response from me.
:rant:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're scared to admit it.... Imdooin will come on here and throw a canary about how guns kill people. He's our resident tree Hugger here you know.

Seen lots of pics on this site of Larry in holes with his sled huggin trees. You may be onto something........;)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Gun lover here. But no hand guns as of yet. The rules on restricted guns here are so gay. Almost not worth the hassle having one I think. But saying that I do want one ..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're scared to admit it.... Imdooin will come on here and throw a canary about how guns kill people. He's our resident tree Hugger here you know.

must have been asking for illegal for you to chirp on this hehe. friggin killer.

2dawgsfawkin

Reaction score
Just got my first handgun as a birthday present from my wife the other day. Can't wait to try it!

images

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a springfield XD40, loved it but sold it a year ago. Thinking about getting a few more but there's no where good or convienient to go shoot. I cant spell.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my springfield 1911 45 acp, my dad has a smith and wesson 1911 45 acp (some kind of signiture series, the name escapes me) the smith and wesson is unjamable (yes thats a word lol) they are both sweet guns. They have most mods people do to their guns done from the factory. Room mate has the smith and wesson 357. the revolver is more accurate with better range and you can shoot 32 specials in it so it's a little cheaper to put holes in paper. I never liked glocks (i prefer single stacks) however the best groups I ever shot were with a 40cal glock, they have the cool trigger thingy. You might want to start with a 9mm because the ammo's cheap so it doesn't break the bank to put clips through it. If the fad doesn't wear off then go buy something bigger. i am sure you will have fun with what ever you choose. Good luck.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you can put 38 special rounds throught the 357, I am not sure about the 32 though. But I don't know for sure.:confused:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My .45 right now is a smith and wesson 1911pd. Great little gun. Had a xd9 that wa good. Had a cz 9mm that was polymer. Dont remember the name. Was a piece of crap.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He means .38 Special in that 357. .32 wouldn't fit, and I think it's also a prohibited caliber.

I have a CZ 75 Shadow, and do action shooting with the local club. .45 is really expensive compared to 9mm.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime I can shoot a 9mm I do, its cheaper. I love the .45 though and it doesn't make you feel like a man shooting a ladies gun like the 9.

If starting out, I would suggest a looking for a Regent 1911. I know they were blowing them out at WholeSale Sports last month for $400. I went back to get one and they were gone but my buddy picked one up without me knowing it. For under $500 it shoots very well. I couldn't put it down all night.

I would also consider shooting the same caliber, then when you go shooting you can switch between them all night using the same loads.

Do yourself a favour, get a LULA loader. Shop around, you can pick them up for under $40 and they make life so much better.

My personal favorite for everyday shooting is the CZ 75. Picked up a nice CZ 75 Tactical Sport in two tone in .40 few months back. I like it and falls between the 9 and .45 in terms of shooting. But its kinda like sledding, we don't do it because its cheap.

The only other .45 I can see in my future is a Kimber. Possibly a team match, but the desert warrior is pretty cool looking.

Check out canadaammo.com they have some great prices.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9 mm is the way to go for price cheap to shoot and maybe try the 45-70 in S/M revolver nice kick to it.

Top Bottom