anyone been out around edson recently ?

rippen

Reaction score
hello , was wondering about the snow , and also I've never been sleddin there , just worked in the area last year . where do you go , where do ya park , ect . North or South of town ? Thanx , appreaciate any feedback , awesome itz snowin here in evansburg as i write this :d

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out there the last two weekends. Went south towards Robb first time went to the Lovett staging area and the second time unloaded st the sand pit just past the outback cabins. We just ride the cutlines or follow the powerline corridor.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
I was out there the last two weekends. Went south towards Robb first time went to the Lovett staging area and the second time unloaded st the sand pit just past the outback cabins. We just ride the cutlines or follow the powerline corridor.
What were the conditions like?

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you head west from Lovett? Would you be better off unloading at Grave Flats? How was the snow down there?
Thanks

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay on the cutlines though i here the cut blocks are kinda deadly and hard on stuff just ask the wnr guys

Reaction score
I was out Jan 3rd/4th, Tom Hill Tower area has about 4" of fresh snow at the top (from the last time I was out two weeks ago) this snow turns into a layer of ice at lower elevations. About a foot of base with 4" of fresh snow on it. The groomed trail from Edson to Silver Summit was good at Christmas but is pounded out now from the traffic and will need more snow before it is worth going on. The trail from the Sundance staging area toward Silver Summit was brutal as far as I went on it but the pipelines are still OK. (This area only got rain with no new snow since I was last out)

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Photo's from Edson area last weekend.................were there for Hockey.

064.jpg 067.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I myself wouldn't ride, they definitely did not get a foot in the last snow fall, maybe 5-6 inches, your ruler must be broken cause there is barely a foot of total snow there. Whatever snow there was before the last snowfall was hard as a rock as well. Best bet is still west of swan hills or around virginia hills area west of whitecourt

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out at Swan Hills area at the Centre of alberta yesterday. Snow was pretty good but the area south west of the staging area has been logged and is pretty burned off. Wife found a tree there, hit the gas not the brake and voila one bent A frame yea! plenty of long trails with no tracks. Surprisingly not many people out in that area.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out at Swan Hills area at the Centre of alberta yesterday. Snow was pretty good but the area south west of the staging area has been logged and is pretty burned off. Wife found a tree there, hit the gas not the brake and voila one bent A frame yea! plenty of long trails with no tracks. Surprisingly not many people out in that area.

so how much snow is there?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stay in the trees about a foot if you go in the open areas quite a bit less. also the south west side of the highway has great snow north side quite chunky. In the trees it is fine. Lots of unbroken trail.

Reaction score
Did about 200km on Feb3,4 around Silver Summit 6" of fresh snow in the last week lots of snow to go anywhere. The only drawback is the amount of seismic activity going on.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did 100km south of Edson along power lines and pipeline runs and found lots of untouched area's with a foot to foot and a half of powder on Sat the 4th.

Reaction score
Staged by the Silver Summit road today and went north down the power line there is very little untouched powder but a lot of it is smooth and great for some high speed runs. We found some powder(1-2 ft)
by taking off down some smaller cutlines.

Top Bottom