Any suggestions why Det code 2012 Pro Rmk 800 Boondocker turbo kit on VP-116 ?

thekid1111

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions why I keep throwing a Det code on my 2012 Pro RMK when I open it up. With complete boondocker turbo running straight VP-116 and it doesn't matter if its 1psi boost or 10psi boost. Elevation from 2k-11k. I am and have tried running all boondockers numbers and still throwing a Det code. I don't care the cost I just want consistent and reliable with the turbo or is that what everyone wants.;)

Last edited:

the450kid

Reaction score
Sounds like your Pipe Temp sensor to me. Check the resitance on it. Does it do it right away or once the runs for a bit then you go to hammer on it it throws the code? Do you shut the sled off and re start and its gone, then comes back with the same scenerio?

thekid1111

Reaction score
Sounds like your Pipe Temp sensor to me. Check the resitance on it. Does it do it right away or once the runs for a bit then you go to hammer on it it throws the code? Do you shut the sled off and re start and its gone, then comes back with the same scenerio?
I would say the sleds warmed up before I hammer on it but never tried when its cold. when its just started. It idles and runs like ch!t when started in the cold .(-10'C) until it earls up pipe temp of 55'F +/-.. yes I just it off. Start it and same scenario

the450kid

Reaction score
I would say the sleds warmed up before I hammer on it but never tried when its cold. when its just started. It idles and runs like ch!t when started in the cold .(-10'C) until it earls up pipe temp of 55'F +/-.. yes I just it off. Start it and same scenario

.... SO when if its idling rough have you checked your TPS lately? How many pulls does it take to start when cold? should only be two with a properly set TPS(warm shop). Who put your kit on for you? and why are you running C16?? your sled should be 120 deg C when operating. anything below that its not really in a happy place yet. Anyways i would troubleshoot the temp probe and the TPS . Temp probe is easier to eliminate first.. Just trying to help you out here

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions why I keep throwing a Det code on my 2012 Pro RMK when I open it up. With complete boondocker turbo running straight VP-116 and it doesn't matter if its 1psi boost or 10psi boost. Elevation from 2k-11k. I am and have tried running all boondockers numbers and still throwing a Det code. I don't care the cost I just want consistent and reliable with the turbo or is that what everyone wants.;)

As 450kid questioned, who installed your kit? I would think it is in your boondocker controller, I seen the same issues last year on three different sleds and it was in the controller set up on all of them. The instructions for the base setting was a little confusing..... I know a fella that would possibly walk you through it, he installs that kit.. If you are interested send me a PM with your number and I will try to get you hooked up with him.

thekid1111

Reaction score
.... SO when if its idling rough have you checked your TPS lately? How many pulls does it take to start when cold? should only be two with a properly set TPS(warm shop). Who put your kit on for you? and why are you running C16?? your sled should be 120 deg C when operating. anything below that its not really in a happy place yet. Anyways i would troubleshoot the temp probe and the TPS . Temp probe is easier to eliminate first.. Just trying to help you out here

I went to 116 cause of the det code but never helped. Ya in my.shop 2 pulls to start.. but cold could be 4-6 pulls. No never checked the TPS but that is what I have been thinking is the problem with the use of the 3D box. Not sure how to dial it in properly tho. I would say in the snow the operating temp is around 130'C. The temp probe you are talking is the one in exhaust pipe. I also have the EGT in the y-pipe if that will give you any info.

thekid1111

Reaction score
As 450kid questioned, who installed your kit? I would think it is in your boondocker controller, I seen the same issues last year on three different sleds and it was in the controller set up on all of them. The instructions for the base setting was a little confusing..... I know a fella that would possibly walk you through it, he installs that kit.. If you are interested send me a PM with your number and I will try to get you hooked up with him.

I agree. I like to think I know how to program it. But there are so many variables between the boost box, 3d fuel box, TPS, Etc. And to calibrate them all to a work together with the proper octain and boost, wastegate, elevation, then you got % of boost and 2x option. I am thinking of ordering the 2013 boondocker 3d box to eliminate most of wiring/sensors.

Top Bottom