amsoil interceptor oil

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what does everyone think of this oil? anyone have any oil related problems running this oil?

crazy newf

Reaction score
I have been running that oil for the last two years in my 860 big bore find it real Gd some people say oil is oil but it's all in what ur willing to pay I guess I buy it in bulk best way to get the bang for the buck so to speak

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good oil. Never had an issue. Just make sure you get the interceptor oil. DO NOT GET DOMINATOR.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RUN it in are 800r and SDI 600 and 872 trygstad motor love it no problems

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran it in my last 2 sleds... but after researching alot last summer on 2 stroke oil from engine builders and I made the decision to swith. I don't think interceptor is a bad oil, but I do think there is better protection available out there. My thoughts anyway.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran it in my last 2 sleds... but after researching alot last summer on 2 stroke oil from engine builders and I made the decision to swith. I don't think interceptor is a bad oil, but I do think there is better protection available out there. My thoughts anyway.

What oil did you switch to?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What oil did you switch to?

Spectro. I get the same prices when compared to the Interceptor. I go out of my way to get it, since I run Amsoil in my truck and quad also.

One thing to keep in mind is Amsoil probably has the most share of the business, so therefore the most people are for it and also expect more then average amount of negative feedback from people that claim its' a bad oil (purely based on the the number of people that run it).

bandicoot

Reaction score
Been running Amsoil Interceptor for over 7 years. Ran in my REV, M8's and now Pro. Never had any issues with it, but if someone knows something better, I'd like to understand who makes a better product for 2 stroke protection.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curious about this as well, especially compared to other oils
For me its the price to start with. I have heard nothing but good things with amsoil and it doesnt void your warranty plus its alot cheaper than the polaris oil.

Hate that after buying a new sled from them that they charge the most for their oil and try to tell you that you have to run it or you may have an issue with your warranty, which is totally wrong. From what I understand their oil is no better than any other good quality synthetic 2 stroke oil.

andus

Reaction score
For me its the price to start with. I have heard nothing but good things with amsoil and it doesnt void your warranty plus its alot cheaper than the polaris oil.

Hate that after buying a new sled from them that they charge the most for their oil and try to tell you that you have to run it or you may have an issue with your warranty, which is totally wrong. From what I understand their oil is no better than any other good quality synthetic 2 stroke oil.

I totally agree. Besides, how would they ever know which brand of oil you used if you didn't tell them? It's not like they're going to take a sample of it and send it to a lab.

Top Bottom