Aboriginal protests in Canada.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty old strategy used by those in power divide and conquer. The more that regular folks battle other regular folks, the easier it is for those in power to do whatever they want. Why is the thread about Idle no more more active than the thread about the government increasing temporary foreign labour? Do people think that the money given to aboriginal people's will have a greater negative effect on there lives than foreign workers coming here and driving down wages? Ask the mining community in northern BC if that's the case.

Sent from my f$&@ing iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont stick up for anybody that is a lazy drunk regardless of race. What i am sticking up for is my race and heritage. I know alot of natives that are hard working and enjoy the occasional beer. But just like any race there are ones that are lazy and are drunk. When i lived in dowtown Edmonton i seen way more drunk non natives along with all the crackheads who were also non native.

I couldnt agree more. Bad apples in every bunch. My arguement is aimed at government money that enables those bad apples. Because "government" money is YOUR money.....and mine. I have absolutely no problem with with a person because they are native, or any other race for that matter. I do have a problem with spending billions of dollars in OUR tax dollars on things that I dont think that they should be spent on. I have seen the reserve system first hand all my life. Where I grew up our ranch bordered one along 6 quarters of land. I have also lived in areas with other well known failed reserves. They are horrible places that seemed to collect the bad apples, and most of the good hard working people left because they didnt want to be associated with it.

I just think we as taxpayers should demand alot more accountability from our politicians on how our tax dollars are spent. And if that is one of the things bill C-45 is doing, then I support it. I need to do a little more research on what the bill actually says. ALOT in it. And from how I understand the navigable water portion......it isnt necessarily opening up Canada's waters to be raped and pillaged, but rather eliminating overlap that exists between ministries. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty old strategy used by those in power divide and conquer. The more that regular folks battle other regular folks, the easier it is for those in power to do whatever they want. Why is the thread about Idle no more more active than the thread about the government increasing temporary foreign labour? Do people think that the money given to aboriginal people's will have a greater negative effect on there lives than foreign workers coming here and driving down wages? Ask the mining community in northern BC if that's the case.

Sent from my f$&@ing iPhone using Tapatalk

Again.....I couldnt agree more. I think it is unbelievable that the government would even consider this. If our economy is so incredibly tapped out that we need to hire foriegn workers, we need to just sit back and smile because things are pretty darn good. The last I checked though our unemployment rate is no where near zero. Lots of Canadians still looking for jobs. This is something that people REALLY need to be contacting thier MLAs about. Would set a very bad precedent.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it isnt necessarily opening up Canada's waters to be raped and pillaged, but rather eliminating overlap that exists between ministries. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think the worry is that traditionally if one level of government was pro (lets just say placing a damb on river x) a second level of government could over rule this because we all know different governments have different agendas. I think the "worry" here is that without changes the laws the pipeline to Kitmat may never be approved! So people feel this is a change to make it easier for the federal government to take control with a majority government a pass it... anyhow... just what I heard nothing I researched... just saying

c_nelson99

Reaction score
Thats funny i got my treaty card. Dont get no free handouts and i work pay my taxes just like all of you. Did any of you complain when the government gave the japenese money because we put them in internment camps during ww2. And Gymbrat if they shut the rezs down will you come help. We could use someone to pick things up and put them down then when they have to move again you can pick things up and put them down again. lol

So throw me a bone here, what is it they are actually changing about the treaties? What information have you read that backs this up? Anything I can find doesnt say squat besides the fact the government wants to change the indian act (which is obviously part of the treaty) to allow natives to have ownership rights to the land they already have to allow you to make group decisions on if you'd like to sell or lease it.

I personally cant understand what the big problem is? If there is some thing you could provide that proves otherwise Iam pretty sure it would be listened to.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mxzretta;1611350 And Gymbrat if they shut the rezs down will you come help. We could use someone to pick things up and put them down then when they have to move again you can pick things up and put them down again. lol[/QUOTE said:
LMAO mxzretta!!!! Damn rights id be there helping buds ;) I would love to pick things up and put things down lmao

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So throw me a bone here, what is it they are actually changing about the treaties? What information have you read that backs this up? Anything I can find doesnt say squat besides the fact the government wants to change the indian act (which is obviously part of the treaty) to allow natives to have ownership rights to the land they already have to allow you to make group decisions on if you'd like to sell or lease it.

I personally cant understand what the big problem is? If there is some thing you could provide that proves otherwise Iam pretty sure it would be listened to.
I think the problem is that they are making the changes without consulting with them. Which is specifically prohibited by the treaties. As a people that has historically been told what to do by governments with the "It's for your own good" added in, this is apparently the straw that broke the camels back...

Last edited:

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
Thats funny i got my treaty card. Dont get no free handouts and i work pay my taxes just like all of you. Did any of you complain when the government gave the japenese money because we put them in internment camps during ww2. And Gymbrat if they shut the rezs down will you come help. We could use someone to pick things up and put them down then when they have to move again you can pick things up and put them down again. lol

So please explain what all of the noise is about. What is the solution? Are you actually upset about something specifically or are you just pissed off and looking for a bandwagon to jump on? What exactly would you suggest. What are you hoping to accomplish? What issues are you no longer going to stay silent on? What specifically are you proud of when you say Native and proud of it. I am white. I am not sure that I am proud or not of being born with white skin. I am proud of my personal achievements and my families contributions to our communities and this great country. White skin has nothing to do with it. Please explain.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again.....I couldnt agree more. I think it is unbelievable that the government would even consider this. If our economy is so incredibly tapped out that we need to hire foriegn workers, we need to just sit back and smile because things are pretty darn good. The last I checked though our unemployment rate is no where near zero. Lots of Canadians still looking for jobs. This is something that people REALLY need to be contacting thier MLAs about. Would set a very bad precedent.
You know why the foreign workers are coming in and working? Because most people would rather go on welfare then go out and do some actual work, lots of the younger generation don't have a clue what HARD WORK is. they would rather go on welfare and play video games then go out and EARN a living. Pretty sad but it all comes down to values and up bringing, hell I started working in my dads business when I was 12. Paid for anything I got with MY OWN HARD EARNED MONEY. I pay more into taxes now then the average person makes and what do I get from it? Nothing but BS, I know exactly how reserves work or should I say most don't. They built a multi million dollar school where I grew up just for the natives, had to be in the shape of an eagle and guess what was only good for HALF the students it was supposed to be for. Do you really think thats fair mxzretta? Mean while schools that are crowded and run down are still operating and with larger classes? Fewer teachers. No as far as I'm concerned that is DISCRIMINATION. I don't care what #@!#$%^& color you are or how you think you should be treated, this is CANADA, we are ALL CANADIANS, if your not contributing then your part of the problem. If I put WHITE and proud of it I would be considered a racist so what does that make you??? I don't go around saying that I say I'M CANADIAN, which is what we all are. Anyone who thinks different can take a hike. If you don't like CANADA you can always leave.

quint1510

Reaction score
Cut off the money! It's that simple. There some good natives just as there are some good white guys, but come on enough is enough. Money there, money for this and that and I can't even get a family doctor because of cut backs. Lets stop throwing money away and do something for someone who will respect it Mr. Harper. Cut off all native funding and make them pay their way as I and I will vote agian. Time to grow balls boys we got a fight our hands.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll go through. Just wait tell the states start pushing hard for it. They need the jobs. Everyone has there price.

The United States has a vested interest in it NOT being built. Currently, the oil that is shipped down south is sold at under market rate as they control the price as the only market.

With Gateway built, it opens up the Asian markets where Canadian oil products, bitumen or value added products, can be sold at world market rates.

Canadian drivers pay at market rates. USA drivers pay at discounted rates based on the cost of the imported product.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Equal means everyone is treated fairly and with the same rules.

Life isn't fair.

Canada hasn't been equal since its inception, as some are always more equal than others. (Employment equity, political decision making, representation, minority based social programs etc.....)

That said, there is a point of promoting interests in any identifiable group to provide an opportunity to thrive. It's unfortunate that this temporary help, turns into permanent help and part of any lifestyle.

Racism is racism. Regardless who it's pointed to. It's wrong, and none of us should tolerate it. Ever.

At the end of the day, everyone should have the opportunity to better themselves (opportunities, education etc.) and everyone should have the opportunity to succeed. In this life, you get what you make it.

Equal opportunity, equal rewards and equal benefits doesn't happen without equal risk, equal work, and equal sacrifice.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The most racist comments in almost every discussion re this contentious issue i believe are in almost all cases made by the first nations people, but always while denying any responsibility or wrong doing, and accusing the white people of disadvantaging them.
The minority of indians are those who can look in the mirror and feel good about their accomplishments and motivation. If these folks want to step up and scream "im proud to be an Indian" to all who will listen, then you also better bulk up and be prepared to shoulder the responsibility for all the useless lazy ones, cause they are the ones who are gonna ultimately and rightfully screw this gravy train up for the rest.
Personally i think its irrepairable and getting worse fast. Stick a fork in it, its over, First Nation pride is only evident in print and on press releases, drive thru any reserve or track the success enjoyed by most businesses that have been operated by bands for a number of years and then tell me again about native pride. BS. If you always carry the food to your dog laying in the yard, he soon won't need to get up.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its embarrassing to see some of the obviously bigoted comments by folks that on most other topics seem like rational people.
next thing you'll all be calling for a ban on Newfies!

Top Bottom