A real pandemic

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy exciting Saturday night going down the YouTube rabbit hole. Clicked on this and watched it through. This is wild how we will shut down provinces and countries while this is what is really going on.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can't sell the solution to the ignorant, that said who doesn't know what smoking crack and shooting ch!t does.
On the BC news DTESide is in the news almost daily

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's completely different then a real pandemic. It's a choice. No one is forcing them to buy/use drugs. It's sad in many cases but people make their own choices and it is what it is.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with all the points. I guess my thoughts were that opioids are so freely prescribed by doctors. Pulled teeth, broken bones, sore muscles, etc. They are crazy addictive and when the prescription runs out, people go to heroin or now, fentanyl.

Is it a personal choice, usually. It is also a sickness as well.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with all the points. I guess my thoughts were that opioids are so freely prescribed by doctors. Pulled teeth, broken bones, sore muscles, etc. They are crazy addictive and when the prescription runs out, people go to heroin or now, fentanyl.

Is it a personal choice, usually. It is also a sickness as well.

Yea I get that, watched the video and the guy who had the bad accident, I do feel for people in those situations. But you can't help someone who doesn't want it. Really don't know what the answer is to try and solve the problem. I don't think it's things like safe injection sites though.

Never had any super strong pain killers I tend to avoid taking much of anything unless I really need it, nothing stronger then a t3 for wisdom teeth removal so can't say I know what it's like but I still don't see where people making the jump from some pain killers to on the street smoking crack or fentanyl.

The one's I don't feel sorry for at all are the rich or "normal" people who do drugs on weekends or what not for fun and end up ODing, they deserve what they get.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I get that, watched the video and the guy who had the bad accident, I do feel for people in those situations. But you can't help someone who doesn't want it. Really don't know what the answer is to try and solve the problem. I don't think it's things like safe injection sites though.

Never had any super strong pain killers I tend to avoid taking much of anything unless I really need it, nothing stronger then a t3 for wisdom teeth removal so can't say I know what it's like but I still don't see where people making the jump from some pain killers to on the street smoking crack or fentanyl.

The one's I don't feel sorry for at all are the rich or "normal" people who do drugs on weekends or what not for fun and end up ODing, they deserve what they get.
You see its not really that cut and dried. The problem with fentanyl is the way they cut the drugs. Some batches are ok and some are lethal, with no way of knowing. I get where your coming from with the attitude of “if you choose to do drugs you accept you might die”. But awhile back I heard a story that I suspect is more common than people know. Some young kids got some drugs to have a bit of a party after work, have a little fun and blow off some steam. Well, they unfortunately got a lethally spiked dose of whatever it was they bought and all 4 of them died.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You see its not really that cut and dried. The problem with fentanyl is the way they cut the drugs. Some batches are ok and some are lethal, with no way of knowing. I get where your coming from with the attitude of “if you choose to do drugs you accept you might die”. But awhile back I heard a story that I suspect is more common than people know. Some young kids got some drugs to have a bit of a party after work, have a little fun and blow off some steam. Well, they unfortunately got a lethally spiked dose of whatever it was they bought and all 4 of them died.

Unless it's weed, they get what they deserve IMO, that's just stupid, not even a fan of weed but at least it's something that doesn't ruin peoples lives. Only time I feel bad is for the people who got hooked from a injury. The one's doing it for fun are retarded.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
safe supply and education

As part of the deal, Purdue will hand over nearly all of its assets to the states, cities and counties that are suing the drugmaker over its handling of the pain killer OxyContin. Billions of dollars will also be provided to fund anti-addiction programs.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cop buddie. Says it’s hard to find actual coke in cocaine. It’s almost all fake.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a crazy world. I heard another story where apparently people will gather and one person is designated to stay sober, the rest take laced drugs up to the point that they OD. Then the designate administers Narcan, brings them back from the brink of death and then do it all over again. They call it the Roller coaster.
Wowzers.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless it's weed, they get what they deserve IMO, that's just stupid, not even a fan of weed but at least it's something that doesn't ruin peoples lives. Only time I feel bad is for the people who got hooked from a injury. The one's doing it for fun are retard
Not necessarily, lot of labs that produced weed also mix other drug and sometimes fentanyl transfer get into the weed. Keep in mind this stuff is in the 100s% more powerful the any opioid. A little in the old piece pipe will kill you…
but I see where your going with this. Local weed.
Mexican cartel packed grass…not so much.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to stop calling it health care. It is not health care, its sick care. All they care about is keeping the big pharma pockets lined. If they cared about our health they would be teaching people to eat well, stay fit and manage there own health free of big pharma toxins. I bet we are going to learn they are purposely making people sick.... sad as it may be I've become scared of going to hospitals, most doctors and nurses are programmed to just follow the pharma narrative.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one of the things I'm kind of st centre with. I've been that guy that was addicted to cocaine. Moved to Fort Mac and within a week I was smoking. 2 weeks later I tried ecstasy and coke for the first time...on the same night haha. It was horrible the next day. That being said, for the next 9 years, I had an addiction issue. I had to leave there and move to Calgary and that did it for me. I knew I had an issue but once days off hit, I wanted to escape reality.

Once I move to Calgary, life changed. Friends changed. My circle changed and priorities changed. I recognized I had an issue and my move helped me. Some can't afford to move and are trapped. Yes it is a choice but ONE bad decision can mess you up for a long time. Easy to say EFFFF YOU if you have never tried anything but one dabble can completely change your life. I was "smart" enough to see both sides and know my come downs were only temporary and that the police were not really gonna break in and arrest me but some aren't that blessed

Addiction is a choice...kind of yes, but it is also a major illness. A lot of times it is started but an anxiety or depression issue and goes from there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one of the things I'm kind of st centre with. I've been that guy that was addicted to cocaine. Moved to Fort Mac and within a week I was smoking. 2 weeks later I tried ecstasy and coke for the first time...on the same night haha. It was horrible the next day. That being said, for the next 9 years, I had an addiction issue. I had to leave there and move to Calgary and that did it for me. I knew I had an issue but once days off hit, I wanted to escape reality.

Once I move to Calgary, life changed. Friends changed. My circle changed and priorities changed. I recognized I had an issue and my move helped me. Some can't afford to move and are trapped. Yes it is a choice but ONE bad decision can mess you up for a long time. Easy to say EFFFF YOU if you have never tried anything but one dabble can completely change your life. I was "smart" enough to see both sides and know my come downs were only temporary and that the police were not really gonna break in and arrest me but some aren't that blessed

Addiction is a choice...kind of yes, but it is also a major illness. A lot of times it is started but an anxiety or depression issue and goes from there.

Ive had many friends die of OD's.
It is sad to me. If you have.a job and can pay for your habits and it doesnt effect me great.

But when you are stealing my stuff, or shooting drugs on park bench out behind my house id like to boot stomp your face 🙂

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to stop calling it health care. It is not health care, its sick care. All they care about is keeping the big pharma pockets lined. If they cared about our health they would be teaching people to eat well, stay fit and manage there own health free of big pharma toxins. I bet we are going to learn they are purposely making people sick.... sad as it may be I've become scared of going to hospitals, most doctors and nurses are programmed to just follow the pharma narrative.
Isn't that kind of personal responsibility? If you aren't feeling well should you drive straight to the doctor's office or hospital or maybe try eating right, getting enough sleep, reducing stress, reducing liquor or drug use and seeing how you feel after those changes first?

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think fentanyl is the problem,ever since the the foreign gangs started mixing it in the regular drug supply to make more money all hell has broke loose . If you ask me if a dealer gets busted selling drugs laced with that ch!t they should be charged with attempted murder, not right that they contaminate the drug supply . Not all people that do drugs are addicted, some are the odd weekend warrior or even once in a blue moon , if you are poking that's a whole different thing. I'm talking more party drugs like coke or X , if someone wants to do a line and have a few drinks on the weekend the shouldn't have to worry about dieing. It was like that forever till fentanyl came into play.

Top Bottom