A better VHF radio

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In your travels, have you come across a decent radio with dual-ptt like the uv-82? I find this feature indispensable for both sledding and at work. It’s especially useful when riding with a mixed group where some are on uhf and some are on vhf.

I am however, getting tired of the uv-82 build quality, have a growing pile of parts radios from myself and friends that is keeping our fleet going.
The zastone A-19 has dual ptt like the UV-82, it used to be my go to radio with amazing range on vhf. But i do not know what zastone did to this radio in the last couple of years to drop the range in the VHF. Basically it is "now" no better than a uv-82 on VHF. It used to get over 12 watts on the vhf, you still get that wattage on the UHF though. Maybe i just got a couple of bad batches of radios who knows. At one time i had the test results almost doubling the range of a baofeng gt-5tp.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
I would be a bit careful purchasing the HONGXUN--Look at their trader ratings---not very good in all respects--Aliexpress---But the money back guarantee works well.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After taking some flack for having couterfeit Nagoya 771 and not the real ones. I managed to get some nagoya's directly from Japan. Packaging and antenna are higher quality as well as the rubber seal, the seal is real good quality. I never went throught the stack of antenna but manage two test a few of them so far the swr ranges from 1.03 to 1.53. Not a bad antenna at all but its about 16-17 dollars delivered per antenna.
LOL Nagoya are made in Taiwan

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could not care less who's butt i hurt, i am just giving facts. Original nagoya antennas are not worth the money. For those wanting to know what the so called originals look like, the picture is below. I wish now i did not delete all my emails and ordering info and prices. For those wanting the same ones without using a company name and pay double this is where you get them from in canada. Turns out i contacted Reuex Industrial Co., LTD i was not sure where that company was located at the time Amazon product ASIN B00KC4PWQQ

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_083757549.jpg
    IMG_20231201_083757549.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Top Bottom