900r cans

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you Polaris guys recommending for saving a few pounds on the 24 9R ??
How are the Diamond S working out?

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the Diamond S on my 9R last year with no issues. Not much louder than stock, drops a bunch of weight and didn’t notice any performance loss. Would recommend it.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
SLP Trail can is the quietest. Also baffled so it won't blow out.
I had one on my 17 was perfect. I just put one on my 24 9R today. Going for a road ride this weekend and will report back if I have any issues. I left my 23 9R stock can for warranty in incase it blew up being a first year Polaris engine and all lol.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my 17 was perfect. I just put one on my 24 9R today. Going for a road ride this weekend and will report back if I have any issues. I left my 23 9R stock can for warranty in incase it blew up being a first year Polaris engine and all lol.
Did you get it with the cooker can bracket? Those are sweet. I just rivet the cooker holder directly to the can bracket. Don't bother with the springs.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Did you get it with the cooker can bracket? Those are sweet. I just rivet the cooker holder directly to the can bracket. Don't bother with the springs.
Ya, I used the springs but the rivet is a way better idea. I was thinking while installing it this is stupid and if it falls off going to eat the QD belt. I'll rivet it when I get back to the farm next week.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about single Pipe/can combo's anybody running anything that works, should be a bunch of extra weight loss with an aftermarket pipe you would think?? I'm kinda new again to the Polaris thing, and am trying to make the sled as light as possible

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about single Pipe/can combo's anybody running anything that works, should be a bunch of extra weight loss with an aftermarket pipe you would think?? I'm kinda new again to the Polaris thing, and am trying to make the sled as light as possible
Get ready for 1/2 dozen Doo guys to tell you to stop eating Cheetos. I totally agree with you it does not matter if you diet to lose 10 lbs, it is not going to help you lift your sled out of a creek. A light sled is everything.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well! I am a doo guy but the yellow and orange I bleed is from all the Cheeto's I eat not from guzzling doolaid! If Doo had a lighter N/A sled in a 900 I would have went that way but they don't so here we are!
The older a guy gets and as your riding style changes lightweight becomes super important in my mind!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Poo is noticeably lighter than a doo (lighter in feel also - flickablity) and any weight loss out of the front is just that much better for handling and not getting played out. I pulled the battery and estart out of my boost for this year. Should take about 20 pounds out of the front end, maxwell seems to think it's more like 30 but that's a doolaid estimate. They start so easy I don't think the odd pull will be a big deal.
There are Silber tunes for the 9R and there has got to be a pipe can combo out there as this is year two for the motor.
Draogonweld has his ear to the ground for the latest goodies out or coming out - could contact him.
He is looking for more goodies for my Boost - its already a G5 slayer, but a little extra never hurts.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Poo is noticeably lighter than a doo (lighter in feel also - flickablity) and any weight loss out of the front is just that much better for handling and not getting played out. I pulled the battery and estart out of my boost for this year. Should take about 20 pounds out of the front end, maxwell seems to think it's more like 30 but that's a doolaid estimate. They start so easy I don't think the odd pull will be a big deal.
There are Silber tunes for the 9R and there has got to be a pipe can combo out there as this is year two for the motor.
Draogonweld has his ear to the ground for the latest goodies out or coming out - could contact him.
He is looking for more goodies for my Boost - its already a G5 slayer, but a little extra never hurts.

The only time I ever felt the weight for E start was worth it was when a guy was gassed out from being stuck and you were in a shitty spot to start your sled to get down the hill! Other than that I'd give up the added weight all day long!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only time I ever felt the weight for E start was worth it was when a guy was gassed out from being stuck and you were in a shitty spot to start your sled to get down the hill! Other than that I'd give up the added weight all day long!
Dragonweld may have a can for the 9R if you contact him.

Top Bottom