900 rmk!!!!!!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i have a 06 900 rmk 151. ive done alot to it appearance wise and performance wise. im lookn for sum little hidden tricks to these sleds. it has a mbrp can, v-force 3, and side vents. i have a cold air kit, boondocker box and slp pipe on order. right now it feels slow off the line. very good mid and top end. im a heavier guy bout 275. should i be lookn into clutchn to improve bottom end? ne other tips would be appreciated.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i have a 06 900 rmk 151. ive done alot to it appearance wise and performance wise. im lookn for sum little hidden tricks to these sleds. it has a mbrp can, v-force 3, and side vents. i have a cold air kit, boondocker box and slp pipe on order. right now it feels slow off the line. very good mid and top end. im a heavier guy bout 275. should i be lookn into clutchn to improve bottom end? ne other tips would be appreciated.

Perhaps you can gear it down a couple of gears, to get a better start, however this will take off of your top end.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few different gear combos that will work. I geared mine down quite a bit and my top end it still 80 mph. I think gearing down is a must for these sleds. Your belts and clutches will last longer. As far as clutching goes it is a matter of personal preference. Some guys don't touch it some guys change everything. This is what I have. Blue/pink primary spring, 70gr mtx weights, Secondary is red/pink with a 66-42/44.46 helix. If you put on the slp pipe make sure you get the reflash done. It will run better. I threw away the can that comes with the pipe because it is heavy. The mbrp can fits perfect on the pipe and it works awesome. My guess is off the line you are just spinning. either ease on the throttle or put a 162 challenger extreme on it. Have fun. Try a few differnent things. Once you get you sled set up the way you want you will like it. Oh yah, Nos works really good on these sled too. I recomend Boondockers. Mark O.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks i think i'll try gearing. 80mph top end is still fine. its got about 93 mph in it rite. dont get me wrong i LOVE this sled for the most part. i just gotta keep up wit the boys and always improve things. gives me sumthn to play wit. when u drop it a few teeth did u have to replace the chain?

Hylode

Reaction score
If you play with the gearing you will have to replace the chain ! , if you want to get he most out of your mill, in the spring pull it out and do some milling to it , get rid of the stock heads and put a billet head on it (mill of course) also mill the base down say around .030 this will bring up your compression , and let's not forget porting and polishing , I run the 05 900 with a all the engine work done with 163 series 5 track and this pig thinks it's a goat !! :d

Last edited:

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks i think i'll try gearing. 80mph top end is still fine. its got about 93 mph in it rite. dont get me wrong i LOVE this sled for the most part. i just gotta keep up wit the boys and always improve things. gives me sumthn to play wit. when u drop it a few teeth did u have to replace the chain?

I went down 2 gears (top) and did not have to change the chain. Lot more off the line now.

green momba

Reaction score
A riding partner had a rmk 900 and he had slp single pipe and air box kit also slp head and mountain magic helix in his secondary, super fast sled on the flats but did not climb fast in the hills, once you start it's hard to stop, good luck and have fun showing up your buddies priceless.

green momba

Reaction score
A riding partner had a rmk 900 and he had slp single pipe and air box kit also slp head and mountain magic helix in his secondary, super fast sled on the flats but did not climb fast in the hills, once you start it's hard to stop, good luck and have fun showing up your buddies priceless.
looked back, if you go with the head make sure you get your ecm flashed.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I geared my 900 with a 151 track down to 18/40 and kept the stock chain.
It's got lots of snap now. I think adding the 225# track spring was a nice improvement too.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
I had a 06 900 159. I put lower gears in and that helped alot. The pipe will wake it up off the bottom. Then if you put lower gears in, it will be night and day difference. Do you have vents in around the clutches. If not you need to or will blow belts like they are going out of style. Good luck my 900 days ended badly with 2 blown motors.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i put the vents in on the clutch side. it took me 9 belts before i figured out the problem. local dealers were no help. it even cost me 45 days down time for a motor rebuild (warranty) cuz one belt blew and knocked out the crank seal. stupid dayco hpx belt last 50 miles.

dmj1

Reaction score
here are a few pics of my o5 900
xxxmod hood and vents
ported track
drop and rolled chain case
avid anti ratchet drivers
slp intake
slp head
slp pipe
chromoly arms home made
chromoly straight steering post home made
jaws can kit with a arm well exit
after market tunnel cut and bent by terra alps racing
ported and polished with head mod by terra alps racing
rear u cooler home made
torque master II bottom end
06 pistons
boondocker synergy nitrous kit
i would talk to ted at Terra Alps Racing
he can set you up with some mods for sure!!:beer::beer:

Attachments

• 900 hundo 003.jpg
    900 hundo 003.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 900 hundo 005.jpg
    900 hundo 005.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 900 hundo 008.jpg
    900 hundo 008.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 900 hundo 011.jpg
    900 hundo 011.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 900 hundo 001.jpg
    900 hundo 001.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 900 hundo 009.jpg
    900 hundo 009.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 900 hundo 010.jpg
    900 hundo 010.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

dmj1

Reaction score
it has been alot of work
i think i will add a couple more vents to it
i love riding it lite and lots of power
i put 30lbs of nitrous threw it last year.on original crank:)

GRD

Reaction score
Looks good!:d

here are a few pics of my o5 900
xxxmod hood and vents
ported track
drop and rolled chain case
avid anti ratchet drivers
slp intake
slp head
slp pipe
chromoly arms home made