80HP electric dirt bike

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STARK-VARG-ELECTRIC-BIKE-4.jpg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should take years before they figure out the chassis and suspension. State of the art motocross bikes are only as good as they are because of racer feedback over decades of testing. Sometimes they get it wrong, but usually they get it right. Tough to expect a good handling bike in year 1. Concept is cool, but doubtful it will be competitive other than a trail bike for a while.
I'd be interested to see one pit up against an equivalent HP gas engine.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should take years before they figure out the chassis and suspension. State of the art motocross bikes are only as good as they are because of racer feedback over decades of testing. Sometimes they get it wrong, but usually they get it right. Tough to expect a good handling bike in year 1. Concept is cool, but doubtful it will be competitive other than a trail bike for a while.
The typical moto chassis has been the same for over 20 years with only slight changes.
They are not complicated. Hire a team of engineers that have moto experience and it's done.

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cannondale tried that. Failed in 2000. led to demise of Cannondale bikes. Cannondale concept is similar to what Yamaha yzf MX are now with reverse exhaust, intake. Yamaha learned from Cannondale mistakes, made millions. Cannondale lost over hundred million in that bad investment.
The typical moto chassis has been the same for over 20 years with only slight changes.
They are not complicated. Hire a team of engineers that have moto experience and it's done.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd tend to agree with pano-dude that the chassis and suspension shouldn't be too difficult to design and be competitive.

The main Cannondale problem was their engine reliability; bolts coming loose on an internal engine plate and premature big end rod bearing failure.

Although I'm a fan of 2-stroke bikes, I could see this Stark bike working very well. Curious the real world range with a 6 kwhr battery though.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cannondale tried that. Failed in 2000. led to demise of Cannondale bikes. Cannondale concept is similar to what Yamaha yzf MX are now with reverse exhaust, intake. Yamaha learned from Cannondale mistakes, made millions. Cannondale lost over hundred million in that bad investment.
Cannondale is still in bicycle business.
They are not afraid to try new things, they have done some crazy things in the mountain bike world. Some good, some not so much.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From another video I saw they said it would easily last a full 450 class g p moto with a pro rider giviner so thats not bad . I'm sure that they could come up with a trail version that would last a few hours.id love to try it on the single track to see how low end torque would be.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m very intrigued as the torque curve is rapid which is key for lap times… it’s funny though they all promote “Sustainability” that’s a double edge sword that the general public doesn’t understand for instance a 797 Cat Haul truck consumes 270 gallons/hr in the lithium mines, still no real way to dispose of spent lithium. My guess is they will bury in big pits like the windmill composite that can‘t be recycled. Sorry a bit off topic .. but really like the bike however nothing like the smell of 2 stoke cologne.

Maybe Bubba should start a E-Cross resurrect himself lol

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 things I’m curious of
-will it have regenerative engine braking
-will it have a clutch
I know a clutch isn’t really required,but from a control standpoint I’d like to have one for woods riding. Even just for the ability to roll back when repositioning in a sketchy spot. Definitely an intriguing bike tho.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 things I’m curious of
-will it have regenerative engine braking
-will it have a clutch
I know a clutch isn’t really required,but from a control standpoint I’d like to have one for woods riding. Even just for the ability to roll back when repositioning in a sketchy spot. Definitely an intriguing bike tho.

I really doubt it will have a clutch. You can just alter the power delivery characteristics in the app. A very good chance it has regen which should be very customizable. You should be able to roll it back when you’re not applying any throttle, would be similar to being in neutral at 0% to throttle.

Look at a onewheel for comparison. Its single motor is making thousands of adjustments per second to maintain balance and speed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom