800R "Communication" error...

Madbank Films

Reaction score
I have an '08 Summit 800r, and just started getting a "communication" message on my cluster. The dess key is on properly, and the sled will drive, but my rpm and speedo dont work after startup. Also it doesnt beep when started or when in reverse. The fuel gauge, lights and warmers show up when started though. Any ideas before I take it to the shop and spend a ton of money?:confused:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine does it occaisionally when it starts and doesn't rev high enough, I just shut it off and give it a little throttle so it revs a little higher upon statup and it goes back to normal. seems like too low of voltage or something causes it.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
It was a cluster issue and should have been fixed in the updates under warranty. I have an 08 xp that did the same thing.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Hey guys just bringing this up again. My sled just did this and seeing if anyone knows anymore on this or if there is a way to tell if my cluster has been updated?

Its a 08 800r summit 154. Checked all the connections and plugs.

Thanks

fatguy

Manatee

Reaction score
Had this problem with my 08. Had some corrosion in some of the plugs under the bars. That fixed it for a while, but then it came back.
I looked further and found that when I plugged in my main plug to the back of the cluster, I had bent some of the pins over. So not every pin was doing what it was supposed to do.
If I was you, I'd pop out the cluster from the dash and unplug it and have a look in there. This will only take you about 2 minutes to do, and is likely the problem.
Clean up those connections with contact cleaner, apply some di-electric grease, straighten all pins and you should be good to go.

Good Luck.

Top Bottom