800ho Clutching

Moose

Reaction score
I have a 03 zx summit 800ho, with dynoport single and can, team roller sec, and extroverts. Around home on the flat land it seems to be fairly good, but in the mountains it doesn't work very good.

Does anybody have clucthing setups that have worked on this sled? It would be very good to hear about them.
My dad and my brother have 900 cats, I can just keep up with them but i want to kick there @$$, so any info would be great

thanx

Moose

Reaction score
It is a 151x15 wide track
The drivers are the stock 9 tooth

I have changed the gearing to a 19 and a 44 tooth gears i believe, it has been a while since i have looked at the #'s, but I went from about 110mph to about 85 mph top speed.

If u need any more info just ask

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your gearing is low enough for sure, we run 19-43 in my bro-in-laws '01 with Crankshop twins. Are you getting your proper rpm's? If you can't hold your rpms on a climb, but they hold good on the flats you may be trying to pull too much helix in the mountians, or have too much pin weight. Have you tried adjusting your clickers up and down to change your ramp angles? If you feel your not backshifting quick enough you could try something as simple as bumping up your secondary spring or adding an SLP spring shim. A little more details on what your sled is doing on a pull will give some of the tuners on here more of an idea as to what the problem is.:twocents: :feedback:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Clutching??

:p YOU KNOW, I SUSPECT CLUTCHING, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, THE GEARING SEEMS A LITTLE TOO STEEP. I'D ALMOST KICK BACK A TOOTH ON THE LOWER GEAR AND THEN LIGHTEN UP THE CLICKERS(THERE AGAIN, NEED TO KNOW THE RPM ON A HARD PULL .... ALSO RPMS ON A FLAT RUN) :confused: I THINK YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. I WOULD SUGGEST EXTERNAL DRIVERS TO EASE UP ON THE RESISTANCE TOO. RELATIVELY CHEAP MOD, BUT WORTH IT IN THE "HILLS"

Moose

Reaction score
I have 9 tooth extroverts on the sled right now.

When I am in the hills I put my clickers on #3 and it puts my RPM to about 7900. when in deep snow it does not hold very good but on hard parked climbs it does hold good. Everything in the primary is stock, I have a team roller sec, the helix is set on 42 deg. the spring is a red with black strip and I can't find the package to tell you the sring rates. From what I have read it seems like I need a stiffer sec. spring, To make it backshift quicker. Am I on the right track?

It just seems like the power is not getting to the ground properly

Moose

Reaction score
I forgot, Around home I set my clickers on #1 and get the same RPM(7900 to 8000)and they always seem to stay there

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Think You're On Track

I Would Double Check The Track Tension, Making Sure Its Still Not Too Tight, Remember You Can Run Quite Loose With Extroverts. I Would Probably Leave The Gears And Try The Secondary Spring, And If Still Holding Back, Then Lighten The Primary A Little....... Let Us Know How It Turns Out???

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the red/blk in my Team. The SLP shim will give you about 8lbs more preload without changing your spring.;) I'd try a shallower helix. Sounds like you are not backshifting quick enough in the steep/deep. Have you called Dynoport? They should have a set-up for their pipe that would get ya real close.

Moose

Reaction score
Thanx for the tips guys I am gonna give them a try.

When I bought the pipe from specialty sleds they told me That I did not have to change the clutching. which didn't make sense to me, because how can u add more power and not have to change something?????

I am searching for Dynoports webpage right now.

Thanx again

zeke

Reaction score
I don't know if you're still looking for suggestions but I have the same setup as you. Go to mountain magic they did a bunch of testing on the team sec. they will have a helix and spring for you. Mine works awesome. You want to run your pri. on 3 or 4 change the pin weight to get there.
Zeke

Top Bottom