5th wheel to gooseneck

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys & gals I want to install a 5th wheel pin to ball adapter on my camper. Anyone have expieriance with this? I'm just sick of fighting to unhook on unlevel ground and I already have the gooseneck hitch for my truck.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the unit that I saw last summer, the gentlemen I spoke with said it worked very well. I don't know who sells it locally but they are available.

5th Wheel Adapter

Attachments

• popuprv123.jpg
    popuprv123.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 198

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run one on my trailer. It has a built in rubber cushion to smooth things out but seems that it may cause some bouncing when hitting the whoops in the highway. I never pulled the trailer with a 5th wheel so I can't say for sure how it pulls in comparison.

Mine is a Convert-A-Ball.

westskman

Reaction score
I have the mumby adapter and bergen duckbill hitch on my rv and they work excellent. they come off quickly and require no modifications to install. all in all a good product

denseleit

Reaction score
I use the ranch hitch adapter on my trailer and a b&w turnover ball on my truck. I really like it for pulling and having bed space.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys that have done it and they like it except for one common complaint;

Instead of lifting the trailer an inch or so....just enough to clear the fifth wheel, you now need to lift the trailer 5 or 6 inches to clear the ball.

Not really an issue with power jacks but if you have a manual system, it's a lot of cranking up & down.:)

Top Bottom