440 MXZX Trail Conversion

330AC

Reaction score
Need some advise on converting a MZXZ 440 LC to a trail application. When my daughter trail rides the sled it makes heat and if I drive the s*** out of it, on the throttle wide open and off, it seems to be ok. There was a great thread posted last year regarding this conversion and I cannot seem to find the link / information. any help would be appreciated

Misfit

Reaction score
I had a problem with my 04 440 when i first had it trail converted. Mainly because the shop that did it had no idea what they were doing. But the entire process includes.

Low comp heads
Trail conversion needles
Removal of the pre heat button (if it has one, when I had my sled converted the shop didnt remove this so the sled would run fine at wide open but anything else it would bog and sputter.
Air filter sock for the airbox on the panel (not necisary but a good investment to keep snow out of the carbs as they are not heated and running isopropyl helps a bunch too.
And proper jetting too. I hope that helps but make sure that everything and I mean every little detail about trail converting a race sled is done to a T or it will not work right.

330AC

Reaction score
Misfit, did your 04 have domes in the heads that could be milled or did the whole head have to be replaced?
thanks for the information

Top Bottom