34*C and I'm watching sled videos

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 34C and I'm watching sled videos

34c drinking beer and thinking bout my trip to Grizzly Lodge in February. I think Ill bring the 1160 cause theres gonna be to much bottomless powder for a turbo.

Last edited:

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You're not alone. I've been watching videos three to four nights a week. The wife thinks I've lost my mind. Some people just don't understand.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I started the teasers about a month ago .. try to watch atleast one short one every night ... winter can't come soon enuff .... eff this heat

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Watch them while a working out.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My son and I are watching sled videos we purchased and the ones we made. I can remember the smell of two stroke smoke and feel of the snow coming over the hood... My wife does not come downstairs when she hears the BRAAAP of 8200 RPM LOL

24V E30

Reaction score

I was watching sled videos last night as well. Wife comes in the room "it's 30* outside and your watching sled vids" me "ya how else am I supposed to stay cool with no A/C"

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with such problems haha.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

only pussies put their sleds away for summer. Water temp is just right for skipping boys. strap on a bucket where your seat is and a couple hundred feet of rope, tape up the seams and hit the water, no need for a boat. Columbia, Thompson, Marble....just to name a few of the good spots.....

"world record ride" 2005 - YouTube

snowmobile water drag Aylmer Quebec - YouTube

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Volume 9 trailer is looking good. Can't wait to see all the quadcopter footage in the vids this year!

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

only pussies put their sleds away for summer. Water temp is just right for skipping boys. strap on a bucket where your seat is and a couple hundred feet of rope, tape up the seams and hit the water, no need for a boat. Columbia, Thompson, Marble....just to name a few of the good spots.....

"world record ride" 2005 - YouTube

snowmobile water drag Aylmer Quebec - YouTube
I'm game for this but I don't know of any lake's in alberta where you would be allowed to do it ... I have been wanting to do it for years ... got an m8 just begging for a rip

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm game for this but I don't know of any lake's in alberta where you would be allowed to do it ... I have been wanting to do it for years ... got an m8 just begging for a rip

Curious why would it not be allowed on a lake?

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Curious why would it not be allowed on a lake?
I just always thought that it was a big no no cause if they sink .. the oil and gas ... but I guess there is no real difference between that and a boat .... ok I have talked my self into it let's go who's filming

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just always thought that it was a big no no cause if they sink .. the oil and gas ... but I guess there is no real difference between that and a boat .... ok I have talked my self into it let's go who's filming

I will lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If anyone gives you grief about it, ask them where they think all the bilge water from all the boats is pumped? no difference than a 2 stroke jet ski sinking or a big fancy boat hauling 200 gallons of diesel fuel and pumping its bilge out. No sh!t its not designed for it. LOL funny as fawk though!

have run on little ponds that are not connected to major tributaries or water bodies. Its a big adrenaline rush going out on deep water but the consequence is bigger and a lot harder to recover the sled (diver). Also risk more waves. 6 ft deep "ponds" like old river channels are great, usually no waves and decent exit/entry approaches.

I maybe could have been persuaded but I'm heading out to the cabin for a couple weeks, sorry. Pick a good steady approach for entry and exit, tape all seams on the belly pan, biggest nemesis is getting water on the clutches, belts spins and you go down. suck in front suspension and the arms won't induce as much drag if they hit, tie a rope and a milk jug with a long leader (ideally longer than the lake is deep if you know what I mean....LOL). if you start to go down, shut the sled off asap and it won't suck in as much water. If you do drown it, flip it upside down and get it fired back up, otherwise it will rust internally. If you get ballsy and are out with boats, keep in mind that water craft (i.e. boat) rules apply so you will need to apply whoever has the proper right of way etc. Wear a PFD pls.

Two last things....1) make sure you get it on film 2) don't forget the swim trunks! :)

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If anyone gives you grief about it, ask them where they think all the bilge water from all the boats is pumped? no difference than a 2 stroke jet ski sinking or a big fancy boat hauling 200 gallons of diesel fuel and pumping its bilge out. No sh!t its not designed for it. LOL funny as fawk though!

have run on little ponds that are not connected to major tributaries or water bodies. Its a big adrenaline rush going out on deep water but the consequence is bigger and a lot harder to recover the sled (diver). Also risk more waves. 6 ft deep "ponds" like old river channels are great, usually no waves and decent exit/entry approaches.

I maybe could have been persuaded but I'm heading out to the cabin for a couple weeks, sorry. Pick a good steady approach for entry and exit, tape all seams on the belly pan, biggest nemesis is getting water on the clutches, belts spins and you go down. suck in front suspension and the arms won't induce as much drag if they hit, tie a rope and a milk jug with a long leader (ideally longer than the lake is deep if you know what I mean....LOL). if you start to go down, shut the sled off asap and it won't suck in as much water. If you do drown it, flip it upside down and get it fired back up, otherwise it will rust internally. If you get ballsy and are out with boats, keep in mind that water craft (i.e. boat) rules apply so you will need to apply whoever has the proper right of way etc. Wear a PFD pls.

Two last things....1) make sure you get it on film 2) don't forget the swim trunks! :)
Well I'm at bvj this week so maybe next days off .... thanks for all the advise

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

swamp selding is good to,sled works better in the skag than a quad

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a 3 week bike trip to the states, still haven't stopped watching sled videos in the hotel..

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

Last edited:
Top Bottom