3 inch 162 Pro

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love to wheelie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way easier to turn with the ski's in the air, but a little hairy on the steep when you have to back out er to stop it from coming over backwards. Sure is a blast in tree's though:beer:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing the same thing to my pro next year. can you just go to a one tooth smaller driver to get the track to fit so you dont have to do an avid chaincase too?

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant go with smaller drivers because if you look at the bottom of the chain case it protrudes into the tunnel. If you put smaller drivers on the track rubs through the chain case sooner or later. so the only way of putting a 3" is a chain case. I have a 174 3" with an avid chain case and couldn't be happier and chris at parkland motor-sports is awesome to deal with. Great mod for pros.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant go with smaller drivers because if you look at the bottom of the chain case it protrudes into the tunnel. If you put smaller drivers on the track rubs through the chain case sooner or later. so the only way of putting a 3" is a chain case. I have a 174 3" with an avid chain case and couldn't be happier and chris at parkland motor-sports is awesome to deal with. Great mod for pros.

Dropping a tooth doesnt give enough clearance? you only need anouther half inch to make it fit a 2.5" lug barely has any clearance so whats the difference of running a smaller driver and having just a half inch more insead of an inch like the avid chaincase gives. I do alot of jumping and i dont like the idea of the chaincase being below the bulkhead that much.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redlineryan, Tyson is not saying that a 7 tooth smaller driver will not be enough room for the 3 inch. He is saying that you can't go this way with the Polaris as the chain case sticks out on the inside of the tunnel to far and that portion is just smaller than the 8 tooth stock drivers.
So with smaller drivers the track will rub on the portion of the chain case that is used to cool the the oil for the case. I think that is why Polaris built it that way but not 100% sure.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redlineryan, Tyson is not saying that a 7 tooth smaller driver will not be enough room for the 3 inch. He is saying that you can't go this way with the Polaris as the chain case sticks out on the inside of the tunnel to far and that portion is just smaller than the 8 tooth stock drivers.
So with smaller drivers the track will rub on the portion of the chain case that is used to cool the the oil for the case. I think that is why Polaris built it that way but not 100% sure.

Thanks for clearing that up! i didnt notice that when i swapped tracks last year. well that kinda sucks though.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropping a tooth doesnt give enough clearance? you only need anouther half inch to make it fit a 2.5" lug barely has any clearance so whats the difference of running a smaller driver and having just a half inch more insead of an inch like the avid chaincase gives. I do alot of jumping and i dont like the idea of the chaincase being below the bulkhead

Glad thats all cleared up.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With about a 60 pound less rider ( on the polaris ) it destroyed it ( the doo ) on a climb. We should have put the same rider on it when we tried. It was very close to a turbo pro with the same rider which i was impressed with. He was running 8-10 lbs boost.
That turbo pro must of had a stock track on it getting 85mph track speed, or it wasn not running right.
I rode a buddies turbo pro with a 174 3",on 8 lbs of boost and was getting 66MPH track speed with it in 3ft of heavy pow. but than again i'm only 175lbs soaking wet, but still getting back on my etec with a 3" was like getting on a Mini Z after riding that thing, there was no comparison.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is that corrected MPH for the small drivers as this sounds alittle high. Big 300+ hp four strokes hittings these numbers.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big strokers are hitting 90+

You bet they are ! My buddy's Apex was pushing around 320 hp and would easily hit 95-100 mph track speed the day I rode it. Absolutely f'in insane. Felt like my arms were getting ripped out of my shoulders hanging onto it.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

danby

Reaction score
hi i am looking at doing this same track setup. did you have to change rails or was there enough room in the adjusters to fit the smaller 162 track. i am not doing the extended chain case from avid. i am trimming my chain case back to fit avid 7tooth drivers i know this clears the new 9220m 162x15x3 camo extreme. i am just not sure if the stock rails will fit the 162 track. thank you in advance for any info

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
danby, I just finished putting a 162x3x15 in my 163 Pro. I did the chaincase mod and 7T drivers. The smaller drivers make up for the 1" shorter track. Don't forget to cut back your rails and install an anti-stab kit. Worked out perfect. No mods required on the rails. First ride tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts when we get back Sat. or Sun.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Last edited:

danby

Reaction score
that is great to hear cant wait to hear how it goes against the stock 5.1 . thanks for the info looks like i need to hurry up and order my 9220m

turboassault

Reaction score
I did have to go with ice age 162 rails for mine. I installed the track with stock rails and it did not fit. Thats not saying that it wont fit with 7 tooth drivers. That is something i do not know. Oh and back to the turbo pro it was a stock 163 track on it and there was very little difference between the two with the same rider on the same hill within 5 minutes of each other. They both shot the top and did so at good speed.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I managed to get about 5 hours of riding with the 3" track and a couple feet of powder today and I am impressed. It definitely pulled me through some nasty spots in the trees where I'm sure I would have been stuck with the stock track. My day was cut short when my primary clutch broke in half.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358102877.909891.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358102877.909891.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 232
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358102910.558611.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358102910.558611.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 232
Top Bottom