2021 Skidoo turbo firing on 1 cylinder

Sean Webb

Reaction score
Was out for a weekend of sledding, running great, and on the day that we left it was -40c, checked coil, changed spark plugs, checked for spark out of the plug wires, and after many starts still doing the same thing, anyone else having these problems???

Sean Webb

Reaction score
Im just as stumped as you are, makes no sense, cause 1hour it was fine and the next its not

Sean Webb

Reaction score
Im at home now but been trying to diagnose the problem for 3 hours

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had same issue on new one after first day of riding , kept fouling plugs , turned out to be contaminated fuel

Sean Webb

Reaction score
Only weird thing is when I pulled the plugs they looked normal, and it cant be the fuel cause the other cylinder is firing.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would take to dealer rather than going through the unit and taking apart something that can cause any issues with warrantee. They note these on the unit history as well, if something if found later on and it goes back to that at least you have a case to get it covered if so. I'm sure your not going to miss it for upcoming Family day weekend, its going to be just as cold according to weather updates.

Sean Webb

Reaction score
yea im gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow, but thanks anyways for the help:)

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like fouled plugs. Problem being is that when I checked last week the spark plugs for the 21 turbo are on backorder everywhere. the 20.5 turbo uses the same plugs as the NA 850 so you could try those out. ILKR8Q7 NGK iridium.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Generally they will not run on one cyl.

I know of two 2021 turbos with 1 faulty coil and they would die and not start.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps its like MSD Or what ever thats called, where they deactivate cylinders under low load and bring them back on seamlessly when power is required. :p

on a serious note, did you check resistance on the plug wires? As long as there a normal consistent number should be ok. Say 1k to 4500 ohms kinda thing. Not sure if it would matter as far a checking spark, but make sure wires aren’t chris crossed. I don’t know on an 850T, but the lower coil on my xm is the Pto side. Coil connectors are firm And properly clipped? I was watching a tether install recently and while they were monkeying around with that it inadvertently cause a coil clip to come undone.

Top Bottom