2021 Skidoo turbo firing on 1 cylinder

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt think he said it was hard to start, just that it ran like crap when it did.

For cold starts - Easiest thing to do is keep a bottle of MAPP / propane and a blow torch tip in the box of the truck or the trailer. Ram that up the exhaust outlet for a few mins, slowly roll the motor over 180 to get hot air in both cylinders. Split the pipe at the silencer for better penetration. If she dont fire right up after that, its too fawking cold to ride.

That is phucking brilliant. I'm so ****ing old I can't even start my sled at -3.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carry some flexible dryer vent hose with you . Hook it onto your stove pipe exhaust on your big ass diesel and put it in side panel on high idle for 15 mins . Good to go

I’ve done that to start a diesel Jetta and a light tower. Works great!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is phucking brilliant. I'm so ****ing old I can't even start my sled at -3.

HAHA - that was an old trick from back in the old triple mod days. It got old trying to pull over high comp 1300 cc's at -15 and below. Might as well try to bench press a school bus. Broke starter ropes so often we carried a spool of it in the truck. Thank god for enclosed trailers now.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA - that was an old trick from back in the old triple mod days. It got old trying to pull over high comp 1300 cc's at -15 and below. Might as well try to bench press a school bus. Broke starter ropes so often we carried a spool of it in the truck. Thank god for enclosed trailers now.

At -15 4 guys would struggle to pull over my 1160. 2 on the rewind and 2 on the clutch.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I had a 1200 price engine that was a hand full to start cold ��

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a hard time getting 850T when -20. Heated up with vent pipe to diesel and managed to get it started.
It was running on 1 cylinder.

Ignition coil cell was toast one 1 side and only way is to continuity or you might see little deformations on cell case.

Shat happens but 8 hours later back up an rolling thanks to Tim & Crew at Motortech-Banner Golden.

Top Bottom