2017 Ford F-350

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda glanced through this and saw some comments on the aluminum and the tool box commercial, when we got the new 17's in stock one of the first things i did was hop in the box and knock on the floor, it really is A LOT thicker than the f150. The new cab is a huge upgrade to the old body style, 4 inches longer and a bit wider it has tones of room. The chassis upgrades also look impressive the frame and whole undercarriage structure is stronger than the outgoing models.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a Platinum super duty today at a red light.

Pretty impressive looking.

I talked to a salesman, and there are models that will break $100,000..

Ouch.

What? That kind of price is almost getting into super car price range! Looks like I will be drive my old diesel for ever lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a Platinum super duty today at a red light.

Pretty impressive looking.

I talked to a salesman, and there are models that will break $100,000..

Ouch.

The Shelby has a sticker on it sayin 140.000

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bad Shelby not raptor... Out of my league anyways so I did not really pursue

Pretty soon all these truck are going to be out of everyone's league! I can't remember hearing that the 1998 dodge diesels were $38000 new when my dad was looking at one. I thought that it was a crazy price for a truck, now it don't look to bad lol

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a body tech who has worked on the new f150's, I can say aluminum, or really anything held together with spr's, or anything made of an alloy blend that anneals at a lower temp than it welds has no business on a work truck. Leave that technology in the Audi R8's and Jaguars. Work trucks need to be focused on longevity and repairability. I have already had to re attach box sides that are falling off the f150's. They are ****e. Just grocery getters with a box. The platinum makes a nice supervisors truck tho I suppose lol.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefull Ford will do a better job of a diesel powered half ton than dodge did. Haven't heard much good about them other than they make good grocery getters.

Top Bottom