2014 Summit SP 800 154 project

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Linq system in, recoil in and most of skid done. Late start and early finish. Will do the rest tomorrow. Right now it's wine time!!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been invited to sled the weekend of nov 23rd but fairly certain my first trip will be dec 14. I'm not in a real hurry to eff my $hit up :)
I'm going to Revy Nov. 30th Dec. 1st. to upgrade my AST1, through Trigger-Point.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a white wine kinda night for me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 344

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pounding in Revy..

Don't forget to foil tape your recoil, and also get all that excess grease out of the pawls before you install the starter..

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pounding in Revy..

Don't forget to foil tape your recoil, and also get all that excess grease out of the pawls before you install the starter..

What do you mean? Foil tape in the housing?

and sorry...but wtf is a pawls? Lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Foil reflective tape on the exterior housing. It just helps deflect heat away from the recoil. They can develop issues from heat since they are so close to the exhaust canister. The pawl is the red peice in the center that locks on to the magneto to start the sled. Since your not going to be using this recoil hardly ever I wouldn't worry about Removing excess grease. Never been an issue for me but maybe others have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Foil reflective tape on the exterior housing. It just helps deflect heat away from the recoil. They can develop issues from heat since they are so close to the exhaust canister. The pawl is the red peice in the center that locks on to the magneto to start the sled. Since your not going to be using this recoil hardly ever I wouldn't worry about Removing excess grease. Never been an issue for me but maybe others have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Awesome thank you. Eff ya estart!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WellI might as well reveal the colour.

The inspiration

img0030wv.jpg

The colour ended up being a tad darker, which I knew it would but I am pretty damn happy with the results. Gary at Metalstrip & Coatings in Red Deer was amazing to deal with and he puts out an amazing product. He even taped off the bottom of the rails to allow the hyfax to slide on easier. HIGHLY recommend his work. It was well worth the drive.
http://www.metalstripcoating.com/index.htm

The pictures do not do the colour justice.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Metalstrip is great to deal with. My Harley parts turned out awesome... ps: those flipflops look outa place now with all the snow hahaha

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much to powder coat the goodies and where'd ya get it done? Im getting a bunch done as well :) and just curious. My Harley parts were costly at the place I used in the summer... ps: those flipflops look outa place now with all the snow hahaha

$265 for rails and 3 springs. Red deer, company is called Metalstrip & Coatings. Talk to Gary. Amazing quality and great to deal with

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$265 for rails and 3 springs. Red deer, company is called Metalstrip & Coatings. Talk to Gary. Amazing quality and great to deal with
I didn't read your words b4 I posted lol sorry, yeah I used them for my old Harley but was expensive. It was a newer shop then however :) That's a GREAT PRICE tho wow...Gary is a fellow sledder as well ;)

Top Bottom