2014 ram projector bulbs

AC550

Reaction score
i hope somebody can help me out here i am looking to maybe upgrade my stock bulbs which are a "HIR2" bulb which i have never heard of and cant find just wondering if anyone on here know where i can get some good replacment bulbs with out going the hid route thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one headlight that shouldn't be made any brighter. Cap it has the bulbs but in stock form they can blind on coming drivers pretty easy with a load on the back or even bumps in the road.

AC550

Reaction score
i dont necessarily want a brighter one but i would like a more white light and less of the yellow looking stock halogen bulb look thats all if its out there

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine were white on my 13. I now have a 14 with the quad lights and sure miss the projector lights.

jetpuff77

Reaction score
I have purchased HID's online and at local vendors. So far i have had good luck with my ram at Uniway computers. There are multiple location throughout edmonton/sherwood park etc. I have them for my 2011, they are CANBUS ballasts and dont flicker. They "trick" the Headlight Control Module into thinking that they are acutual Halogen Lights. Never had an issue with mine, and you dont need to worry about mounting an anti-flicker kit with them. 4500 or 5000k bulb would be your best bet for pure white light.

also i think the 9012 bulb crosses over with the HIR2 number, but dont quote me on that.

online i have had good luck with : DDM Tuning : HID Kits

and
XENONDEPOT - HID & LED Lighting Products

RockSmasher

Reaction score
I've got a 2014 Ram and the stock lights are a joke. I went with a 9012 Bright Source 35W HID kit for the low beams. If adjusted properly, no blinding other drivers as they are projectors, at least in Laramie trim, and they are 100% better than stock. I have had no issues whatsoever, and lights still work on the auto function. YMMV.

Top Bottom