2014 Demo in Valemount

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to hear how was the arctic-cat demo ride? April1-3
Didn't ride one but they showed up at alpine country looking well broke in and completely out of fuel and I am not sure about the heated seat on the 1100 seems like a wet but all winter!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't ride one but they showed up at alpine country looking well broke in and completely out of fuel and I am not sure about the heated seat on the 1100 seems like a wet but all winter!

but would be a cozy comfy warm ride up on those -20 mornings!

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group got a chance to ride the both 14's conditions were not the best as everything was hard packed. I never rode a proclimb chassis before so there was a lot of new things to get used to. The ride is second to none loved it. The power is good on both the 1100 has more but it needs it. The track is a major improvement. There will be a learning curve to adapt to the chassis but i believe once you adapt you wont go back. I found the 800 to have a light feel to it and well balanced. The 1100 also had a lighter feel than I expected and was a pleasent surprise. The 1100 required more rider input and a little planning ahead. Where the 800 you could make it do what you want when you want with less effort.The 800 was on the original belt and the 1100 had two changed out approx 1200 miles. both units still were using 2013 clutching. I was very impressed with both sleds and either one would be a great choice depending on your type of riding. Thank you AC .

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have photos of the new ones on the snow? What colors did they bring?

realwickedone

Reaction score
Our group got a chance to ride the both 14's conditions were not the best as everything was hard packed. I never rode a proclimb chassis before so there was a lot of new things to get used to. The ride is second to none loved it. The power is good on both the 1100 has more but it needs it. The track is a major improvement. There will be a learning curve to adapt to the chassis but i believe once you adapt you wont go back. I found the 800 to have a light feel to it and well balanced. The 1100 also had a lighter feel than I expected and was a pleasent surprise. The 1100 required more rider input and a little planning ahead. Where the 800 you could make it do what you want when you want with less effort.The 800 was on the original belt and the 1100 had two changed out approx 1200 miles. both units still were using 2013 clutching. I was very impressed with both sleds and either one would be a great choice depending on your type of riding. Thank you AC .
Other than cosmetic changes graphics on the 2014 1100 are there any other changes, more venting in the panels?,what about the belt issues?, have they been dealt with or are the 2014 no different than the 2012,2013 still issues with the belt.You mention the one you rode had gone thru 2 already because they were using 2013 clutching,does that mean the 2014 is coming with a change in clutching or are they going to roll out the early 2014 builds with what ever stock they have left from 2013,and as the model year drags out they switch over to a new style clutching ???

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than cosmetic changes graphics on the 2014 1100 are there any other changes, more venting in the panels?,what about the belt issues?, have they been dealt with or are the 2014 no different than the 2012,2013 still issues with the belt.You mention the one you rode had gone thru 2 already because they were using 2013 clutching,does that mean the 2014 is coming with a change in clutching or are they going to roll out the early 2014 builds with what ever stock they have left from 2013,and as the model year drags out they switch over to a new style clutching ???

These were pre production sleds meaning the final product will be different that was made clear to us before we rode. The clutching will be changed for 2014 larger cooling fins and better bearing material in the driven and a better grade of material and higher quality control of the primary. They dropped 12 or 14 lbs off the 1100 and 18 off the 800. If you visit Cats web site they are listed there. We didnt have powder to compare but we were told the 14 153 800 is as good or better than the 13 162 800 in the powder they were comparing them earlier on the tour. I think they did talk about better venting but I cant say for sure I do know AC offers vented panels that look factory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom