2013 proclimbs flawless ?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for all, but there are a lot of guys having troubles with blowing belts. Seems like to me that there's a 50/50 chances of getting a belt burner. Depends on how you ride tho and how aggressive you are on the flipper. I just used clutches as an example. Myself, I have a belt burner. I'm ok my 9th belt now and that ones not in the best of shape. Don't read this post and think that all proclimbs are junk, cuz that's not true. My buddy that rides pretty much identical to me, same miles, hasn't blown one all season last year and his belt still looks really good. 1500miles and no issues. I'm going to try and correct the problem I am having, if not, then I think I'll try a new 2014.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for all, but there are a lot of guys having troubles with blowing belts. Seems like to me that there's a 50/50 chances of getting a belt burner. Depends on how you ride tho and how aggressive you are on the flipper. I just used clutches as an example. Myself, I have a belt burner. I'm ok my 9th belt now and that ones not in the best of shape. Don't read this post and think that all proclimbs are junk, cuz that's not true. My buddy that rides pretty much identical to me, same miles, hasn't blown one all season last year and his belt still looks really good. 1500miles and no issues. I'm going to try and correct the problem I am having, if not, then I think I'll try a new 2014.

What can you do to be proactive? Shims? Float driven? Not a bad sled. Just needs bugs figured out.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What can you do to be proactive? Shims? Float driven? Not a bad sled. Just needs bugs figured out.

Well.... Everything that I am doin is what I have learnt over on snowest from guys trouble shooting the trouble themselves. Cat offered an update for this year and all it is is some sort of shim behind the secondary. But that's not the problem. The problem is that the motors are shifting too much and are causing the clutches to shift out if alignment. The factory TCF just isn't enough. There are reports that guys are noticing between a couple different sleds that the TCF is spaced differently. I think somewhere down the assembly line in the cat factory someone fell asleep lol. So to answer your question about being proactive, there is a user over on snowest, "whiterad", who has taken the factory TCF off the sleds, and actually machined a whole new piece that connects to more areas, behind the primary and secondary, and I do believe has an extra motor mount to try and control the flex in the motor. It's a very clean looking piece, actually he's making one out of aluminum and as of this year he's doing one in carbon fiber. There's a loooooong list of guys waiting on this years shipment. Last year has very good results. Another thing one could do, is as mentioned, gear down to the 20t top gear and that will reduce heat buildup on the clutches. I'm no expert, I'm just passing on the information that I've gathered up.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353577596.898021.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353577616.722402.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353577659.318637.jpg

This is the TTCF that I am talking about. I can't remember but I think the aluminum piece is around 250$ or so. Don't quote me on that tho.

I love the sled. I'm planning on buying the 20t gear, team tied secondary, mds clutch weights, whiterad TTCF, Belanger racing belt guard and brake rotor cover, as a start, to just be able to ride a stock sled in the mountains. How ridiculous does that sound. I spent 1000$ in belts last year, now another 1000$ to upgrade the clutching. WTF. Be understandable if I were running a turbo right now, which I plan to do, but if I can't run a stock sled first without blowing a belt every 100 miles, I'm not running boost to add to that problem. If I start upgrading and still blowing belts I'm trading it in on a 2013/14.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to derail the thread a little bit, but in my opinion, no. The 2013's won't be flawless. A lot of good reviews on the new 2.6powerclaw tho. Apparently the tunnel and bulkhead are angled differently to allow more room in the tunnel area to accommodate for the new 2.6". I can't remember where I seen it tho.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900km on boosted 2012. running 10-12lbs and still on the original belt! only thing done is CPC clutch kit.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900km on boosted 2012. running 10-12lbs and still on the original belt! only thing done is CPC clutch kit.

I never blew a belt last year either. Still ahve the brand new spare I bought; and the 084 Cat sent out. I have run both belts about 30 kms on the trail into and out of Renshaw to break them in and that was the extent of my belt changes last season. Feel bad for ya Kyle that you seem to have got a raw deal with your 2012.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never blew a belt last year either. Still ahve the brand new spare I bought; and the 084 Cat sent out. I have run both belts about 30 kms on the trail into and out of Renshaw to break them in and that was the extent of my belt changes last season. Feel bad for ya Kyle that you seem to have got a raw deal with your 2012.

Ahhhhhhh I'm not the only one. "Going west" reported he went thru 15 lol. When it comes to tech stuff I get all my info from snowest, seems there's less bullch!t there. That's why I said too that I'm not saying all proclimbs are like it. My buddy's got 1500 HARD miles on his and still on original belt. Mind boggles me. I think I will be upgrading after this season anyways.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine only started blowing belts after I installed the Camo extreme. My secondary is getting scorching hot now so I think a simple gearing should fix my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine only started blowing belts after I installed the Camo extreme. My secondary is getting scorching hot now so I think a simple gearing should fix my problem.

I had a Camo X when I picked mine up. Doesn't really seem to be any one thing. I thought it was most likely heat soak from guys ripping hard for an hour straight without shutting down and letting the clutches and belt have some cool down time. But if Kyle and his buddy are riding the same and seeing totally different results that isn't it either.:confused:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Camo X when I picked mine up. Doesn't really seem to be any one thing. I thought it was most likely heat soak from guys ripping hard for an hour straight without shutting down and letting the clutches and belt have some cool down time. But if Kyle and his buddy are riding the same and seeing totally different results that isn't it either.:confused:

That was all I could think of. I went 1100 km on my factory belt, installed the Camo extreme and blew that belt within 30 km, and then 2 more after that. My sled is sitting with 1250 km on it right now.

In my case I think my belt is slipping in the secondary with the extra weight and load of the Camo. I'm putting in a stiffer secondary spring, a 20t gear and seeing my results from that.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was all I could think of. I went 1100 km on my factory belt, installed the Camo extreme and blew that belt within 30 km, and then 2 more after that. My sled is sitting with 1250 km on it right now.

In my case I think my belt is slipping in the secondary with the extra weight and load of the Camo. I'm putting in a stiffer secondary spring, a 20t gear and seeing my results from that.

How tight are you running the track? I run mine just tight enough to not ratchet. I'm also running an anti-stab kit though.

thekrust

Reaction score
A lot of the problems were from the clutch manufacturing being farmed out to China. The quality control seems to be bit suspect there. My proclimb ran flawless, only belt issue was from water slinging off of the brake rotor into the secondary. One small piece of aluminum - - -Fixed!. One of my riding partners had all kinds of problems, under revving, hot belts, things just generally not right. We took the secondary from my sled put it on his and all that crap went away. He got a whole clutch assembly on warranty and has been happy since.
This year the clutch manufacturing in back in the US and supposedly QA back on track too. I'll see when I pull the trigger on my 2013, can't wait!

sebrook

Reaction score
Thekrust - you buy one of the brake covers being sold out there or make one. Looked at one from
grip'n'rip but looked pretty rough - could do just as good myself.

Top Bottom