2013 proclimb 800 starting issues

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've got about 300k on the new proclimb. I was out in Gorman on Sunday, sled ran great all day till about 3. The sled died on a climb leaving me in kind of a tight spot. Got the sled to level ground tried starting and the sled would occasionally start but only run for a few seconds before stalling out. Ended up getting towed out and once we got back to the truck sled started instantly. I've had a bit of an issue one other day out aswell but sled started after 10 or so minutes and we were on our way. Seems like its starving for fuel, pulled plugs and didn't seem like it was flooded. I also disconnected the battery on the hill to see if that would help by resetting ecu. But nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? I'm gonna take I to the dealer as soon as there open but just curious if anyone else has had issues.

catbraaper

Reaction score
Did you try starting it with the gas tank open. My brothers was doing this I think the breather line was just froze up.

thekrust

Reaction score
Only starting issues I have seen is usually on the first start of the day, will sputter and die and then nothing.. Put in a set of fresh plugs and away it goes without issue until it wants another new set usually 6-800mi. Your issiue sounds a little different ,stalling while hot.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did actually try with the gas cap off, someone recommended that on the hill and didn't help.

thekrust

Reaction score
That's not as easy to do on the newer sleds as it was on the old M's. All wired in a big bundle down to the handle bar harness connector. 1 big plug.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had the same thing happen with my 12. Just randomly dies as your riding. Only done it twice, but it also likes to not run again when you shut it off for something to eat.

stusnow

Reaction score
Happend to me after 1st day on new sled. Rode great all day. Got home and went to unload but wouldn't stay running. Threw ECU 12 code (bad coil). Dragged it in garage and tried again a few hrs later. No code this time but backfired a ton and still wouldn't rev up. Ran great the next morning after drying out I guess. Not too cool. All plugs looked good I put dialectic grease on all the connections but not convinced that was the issue

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess would be bad fuel pickup in tank. Anything below half a tank and you could suck air.

Top Bottom