2013 pro bogging

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Ok Guys I need help!!!! First day in revy today an every time I Rip up the hill on a hard pull and come down shut it off to let one o the other guys take urn then the next time I start it and hit the throttle the engine light comes on and it boggs out bad. I can blip the throttle and get it to run smooth again. But as I ride it will come back. If i stop an let it sit 20-30 mins then it runs good again till I have one more big pull then **** starts all over again. supposed to be here till Thursday and with the ****ty snow its bad enough I don't even wanna think about renting a Machine. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Or if some one knows If there is anyone around here that could look at it please let me know.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Mine acts some what like that if I shut it off with the kill switch but it's fine if I use the key. No engine light but I do have to baby it a bit until it gets its wind back if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it giving you a code? My Pro 800 was doing that every once in a while last spring but that was because it was 15 degrees above 0 haha. If I let it idle for a minute or two when I started it seemed to clear up. Good luck. I hope you figure it out... Thats wierd with the key vs kill switch. I don't think I have ever used the key on my sled and never had a problem.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel??? My 2011 did this once but I never did figure it out. It just went away. I figure it must have been the fuel I was burning.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Is it giving you a code? My Pro 800 was doing that every once in a while last spring but that was because it was 15 degrees above 0 haha. If I let it idle for a minute or two when I started it seemed to clear up. Good luck. I hope you figure it out... Thats wierd with the key vs kill switch. I don't think I have ever used the key on my sled and never had a problem.

Ya I don't know why. I had electric start and it would crank way longer before it fired too after a kill switch shutdown.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the ecm store codes if that light goes off? How do we access the codes??

OP did you check the throttle for ice or snow build up?

orangemaddness

Reaction score
it does it no matter how I shut it off and I checked the throttle sensor and it seems good. Are there any other sensors that might cause this.

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Ok guys found out my sled is throwing code 651 which traces back to a bad injector. Thanks for all your suggestions once I have it fixed ill let ya know if there is anything else going on

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say injector or fuel filter but you got it figured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Ok Guys I need help!!!! First day in revy today an every time I Rip up the hill on a hard pull and come down shut it off to let one o the other guys take urn then the next time I start it and hit the throttle the engine light comes on and it boggs out bad. I can blip the throttle and get it to run smooth again. But as I ride it will come back. If i stop an let it sit 20-30 mins then it runs good again till I have one more big pull then **** starts all over again. supposed to be here till Thursday and with the ****ty snow its bad enough I don't even wanna think about renting a Machine. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Or if some one knows If there is anyone around here that could look at it please let me know.

I d check the switch in the throttle. Same thing lst weekend in revy also. Theres a way to retrieve the code with the display

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Ok I got the problem fixed. the way to check the code on the display is while the engine light is on you can hit the select button and the current engine codes will come up. Mine was on and off so it was hard to read as I had to wait till the problem lasted long enough to read it. Got new injectors flashed the ecm and reset the tps and at least I got one trouble free day this trip. Thanks to everyone or their suggestions

Top Bottom