2012 RMK 800 Spare Belt?

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new RMK 800 and salesman tells me it doesn't come with a spare belt. How many new RMK owners have had the same experience? And just for the record, if you buy accessories with your sled, take a look at the Polaris Canada site and compare list prices. They tried to sell me a bunch of extras for more then what Polaris wants on their site! :realmad:

On a good note, I've read lots of good reviews about the new RMK and am looking forward to riding it. Traded in a '07 Dragon 700 and was happy with the handling and deep powder ride, boondocking/sidehilling was a breeze and supposed to be even better on the Proride chassis!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i had the same deal .... but i went in told them i wanted a sled signed the paper wrote a check and left ... im not very goood at making deals ..i forget to bargin till its to late!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to inform you but none of the manufacturers or dealers give you a free belt unless you buy it. The car/truck manufacturers are the same with spare tires. You pay extra...

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah same thing with my pro i actually carried around an old belt off a rmk900 that could be used to limp out since the pro belts are $200. just this year i finally bought a proper spare but i inspect my belt all the time and after 1000 miles it still looks basically new just thought after 1000 miles it might be good to have the proper back up.

sledhead80

Reaction score
Yeah a buddy and I bought 2 2012 Pro RMK's, he bought a spare belt from the dealer for 200 bux. I found a dayco xtx belt that would work at Royal Distributors for 110 bux. Ive heard really good things about the dayco xtx belt and for the price I'll give it a shot.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a dayco originally too. a friend got one for his m1000 but it only lasted 4 hours so i just decided to pay the extra for what i know is a good belt.

sledhead80

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a dayco originally too. a friend got one for his m1000 but it only lasted 4 hours so i just decided to pay the extra for what i know is a good belt.

Was it a XTX belt because according to some stuff I've seen the XTX was supposed to be good for turbo sleds so they should stand up to a stock sleds abuse just fine, but I guess we will see.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to sure if it was or not. think it was supposed to be a way tougher belt. didnt end up that way

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I bought the spare Poo belt just because I've had issues with the aftermarket belts in the past with big bore sleds. We'll see what I pay for it when I go in, he said I was getting a deal at $189, then when I checked their website I saw that $189 was regular price, so asking for a discount. I've spent about $45,000 on various toys from them in the last 10 years so that better have some influence! So far they have been decent, gotta work 'em a little but they usually come through. :D

I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on local dealers and they know it.

sureman123

Reaction score
My dealer must like me..:) .. the sled had a spare belt in the clip when I picked it up....

Top Bottom