2012 Pro Suspension Set Up

mlolson1004

Reaction score
Hey all! Trying to set up the suspension for the wife. She's about 120lbs any recommendations on settings? Thanks

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Trying to set up the suspension for the wife. She's about 120lbs any recommendations on settings? Thanks

Put the front as loose as possible. There is a point at which the spring becomes so loose that it becomes unseated on the shock when under no load. Get to this point and go a hair tighter so the spring stays in place.

As for the back, I'd go 3/4 loose. I believe the spring under no load would be around 10.75" long or so at this point.

Also taking the sway bar out will help her get it tipped.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the front as loose as possible. There is a point at which the spring becomes so loose that it becomes unseated on the shock when under no load. Get to this point and go a hair tighter so the spring stays in place.

As for the back, I'd go 3/4 loose. I believe the spring under no load would be around 10.75" long or so at this point.

Also taking the sway bar out will help her get it tipped.
If you are going to take the sway bar out, make sure you do it before loosening off the pre-load on the front. Or if you are doing it the other way around, un-weight BOTH Skis then loosen off the pre-load. I did what Staple suggested for pre-load on my skis, when I first got the sled, but totally forgot about the sway bar. First bump I hit where both skis came off the ground and the spring clip came off, and was gone forever.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about getting the quick disconnect for the sway bar. Or is that just a ski doo thing...?

VanceM

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see a need for disconnecting or reconnecting. To tell you the truth I disconnected it after 2 years of riding with it connected and don't see a difference. The only reason I never reconnected is because it takes 15 minutes I'd rather spend drinking a beer.

The Ski-doo guys I ride with claim it helps them a lot on the trail rides. I've never had an issue with darting and like to ride on one ski around corners anyway.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took mine right off. You do need to put a little more body english into the corners on the trails. I do find it rather different than it was stock, but I also put Raptor TRS on at the same time I took off the sway bar, which probably makes the bigger difference.

Top Bottom