2012 pro 800 technical help needed???

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just spoke with the Polaris dealer in town who tested my sled and it came out clean, the tested the tps and ran it on the diagnostic machine and no codes were thrown. The problem is at full throttle under load the sled has developed a slight bog or hesitation. It has done this through several tanks of fuel from different stations and seems to be getting worse as time goes on. The sled has a power addiction head and a hps can. The sled ran great the first half of the season last year with these additions. Any help or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the Power valves been cleaned or looked at?

I would also wondering about a possible worn bushing in the Clutches

snowhunter

Reaction score
How many miles on the sled if its got 1000 on it or more might not hurt to take a look at the clutch I've had to rebuild a primary in as little as 900 miles and they start acting up almost like its a motor issue it's worth a look anyway

snowhunter

Reaction score
How many miles on the sled if its got 1000 on it or more might not hurt to take a look at the clutch I've had to rebuild a primary in as little as 900 miles and they start acting up almost like its a motor issue it's worth a look anyway

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
What should you be looking for in the primary as I'm having an rpm issue that has slowly brought my sled down to 7500 then it blew up. Thank god for warranty! After the new motor was broke in i noticed that im still sitting at 7500. I've taken the outer plate off the clutch took a quick look everything seemed ok it was sliding nice nothing seemed to be binding or badly worn but it never removed it right off the crank and disassembled it. I also tried a different stock spring with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealer checked the tps and it tested fine they also checked the clutches which they said were fine, they did say the belt was glazed and could be the issue so I put on a new belt it didn't seem that bad to me and there are only about 650 km on it but??? , I think I will put foot vents in to prevent or at least limit the amount of snow that gets to the clutches, as well I just ordered a clutch kit from Brad at Power Addiction so we will see. I also spoke with a another forum member last night who had a couple of really good suggestions which I will check when I get the machine home. I will report back when I get it figured out but the general consensus is clutching?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did they do to "check" the Clutches? Did they provide you with the measurements they took on the Sliding sheeve bushings and they are still within spec? Just becasue the sliding sheave moves back and forth smoothly this would in no way show if the sliding sheeve bushings are worn out of spec. If you can wiggle the sliding sheeve, I would be suspect of the bushings.

I think I would be buying a clutch rebuild kit before a performance clutch kit, as the Brad's kit will do nothing to remedy worn bushings if they are out of spec.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice kidder17, I will make sure that whoever does the clutch kit install checks the rest of the clutch parts out, I'm not sure who to get to look at them that really knows what their doing around here?

snowhunter

Reaction score
What should you be looking for in the primary as I'm having an rpm issue that has slowly brought my sled down to 7500 then it blew up. Thank god for warranty! After the new motor was broke in i noticed that im still sitting at 7500. I've taken the outer plate off the clutch took a quick look everything seemed ok it was sliding nice nothing seemed to be binding or badly worn but it never removed it right off the crank and disassembled it. I also tried a different stock spring with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

U have to take it right off and pull it apart from what ur describing I woul be looking at ur clutch first depending on how many miles are on it it's likely due hope u get it figured out

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
I actually fixxed the problem and it was nothing to do with the clutch. I changed out the injectors this week completely cured the problem sled ran great was pulling over 8000 all day. It was hard to tell where it was at exactly as the snow was extremely deep in revy this week!!! ;)

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey scrubs, how did you figure out you had an injector issue and where did you have it serviced?

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Talked with Chris from parkland motorsports went over what I had been threw and he told me to change out the injectors. I did it myself and I'm very glad I took his advice!

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
I was told by the dealer to re-clutch my sled after I told them my sled was running like crap and my rpm had dropped to 7500 max! So hopfully you don't get sent on a wild goose chase like me and my cousin who had his in four times before they changed the injectors to fix his sled!!!

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx scrubs, I will keep this in mind if the clutch work doesn't work out, we're the injectors pricey?

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
There not to bad 300$ but it was worth every penny to Finnaly put the mystery bog in the past!

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear buddy, I'm glad your up and running well, I will know in a couple of days if I am as we'll...lol

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Ya fix one thing and here comes another fml after I start it it will run bout 16 to 1800 then if I touch the gas it seems like its stuck on high idle at about 2400??? Any thoughts.... tps Maby out???

Top Bottom