2011 xmr Problems

Scotian

Reaction score
Hey any one who can help
i have a 2011 800 xmr i was driving it two weekends ago shut it down on the trail and when i put the key in to start it back up the screen started flashing and glitching. i pulled the key out and tried two more times witht the same result every time. on the third time i tried to start the quad in the hopes that i would be able to get it back to camp, however when i tried to start it i herd a noise from the relay and my screen went blank. i have not had any power since this has happend to me the quad will not start or power up or any thing.
as a little history note before this happend to me i had a couple occasions where my power steering would stop working and engine light would come on and i would have to shut it off untill the screen turned off and start again to get my power steering back. when this would happen and i would turn the quad back on a message would display saying check DPS
can anbody offer some advice????

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go through all your battery power and ground connections as well as any others you can find. You have a loose one somewhere.

Scotian

Reaction score
They said they did that at the dealership and can't find a problem maybe I have to do it myself
however I would think that with the dps going in the start that the wire should be there some where
thanks for the reply

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What wild1 said....start with removing, cleaning, and reinstalling both main battery connections. Can Ams (and most EFI machines) are VERY finicky with loose or crusty connections.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The xmr will throw a code for the dps, when you go into low voltage, typically after a lot of winching, like others have said start with the battery and go from there. My guess is a loose connection somewhere, pull it apart and use dielectric grease on all the connections except the ones right under the pod, they are finicky .If you were into some heavy winching, remember the xmr is a tank of a machine, keep your rpms around 3k while dragging it out to keep the system charging

Top Bottom