Gen 5 boost problems

lucky7

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Gen 5 turbo and I’m losing boost intermittently I’m not getting a code so I don’t think it’s electrical, but if I shut off and start again boost comes back on but goes out again not all the time but when I really need it doesn’t work. Stock everything, anyone else experienced this problem?

lucky7

Reaction score
Dealer thinks he’s found the problem

Attachments

• 2627BE2A-788F-4D4A-A692-0219CB01BC21.jpeg
    2627BE2A-788F-4D4A-A692-0219CB01BC21.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 257

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess that's why they call your Lucky? We had one on the weekend that that fitting fell out (the threaded plug) and at the same time the clip fell off the cable for the RAVE valve actuator. Double diagnosis. But we finally figured it out.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
That's unpossible, Doos never have anything go wrong. I personally have not had to rebuild 2 Doo engines. Nope never happened.

In all seriousness though, hope the problem is fixed. It sucks when they aren't running properly and ruin a trip

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why there isn’t a tag on that tube. If you take the pipe off, you need to disconnect that from the other end. If you put a wrench on it, it twist the tube causing it to break.

albertaman

Reaction score
i melted my original hose off, my sled never gave any issues or codes, problem happened between 100 and 900km, found it when i was doing a inspection on sled. problem is dealer cannot find the part for some reason even though there is a part#....so i replaced with a thick piece of rubber hose 4 now. well that got damaged when i bent my bumper the last ride, and again it gave no codes or issue 4 the 3 days was riding. the funny part is that when i damaged the bumper it disconnected the plug to the sensor, that DID cause a code but still no boost problems. long story short id be surprised if that is the issue.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went for a climb and it would only pull 7500… went down, shut sled off and fired back up… 8100 up the hill… was weird… makes a guy second guess it…

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your losing boost intermittently, would that not seem like a waste gate issue. If the sleds running, then the turbo is turning I assume. The only place for the pressure to go is out waste gate? I'm not entirely sure how the system works, but that's what I would think to check first. Unless there is something else a guy is missing that is electronically controlled. I know there has been a few Rave actuator module failures in the past, also a good thing to have looked at.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had problems building boost on my 21, was do to a crack in the turbo. Had to replace the complete unit.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went for a climb and it would only pull 7500… went down, shut sled off and fired back up… 8100 up the hill… was weird… makes a guy second guess it…
The sled with the detached RAVE actuator cable would only hit 7500 rpm and it was farting and popping on a climb. Order an extra clip to hold it on and one for the waste gate actuator too. Lucky a buddy had a makeshift clip we could use. Or carry some wire twist ties, the type that come with cheap garbage bags. The thin wire they are made of is handy on the hill for lots of stuff.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled with the detached RAVE actuator cable would only hit 7500 rpm and it was farting and popping on a climb. Order an extra clip to hold it on and one for the waste gate actuator too. Lucky a buddy had a makeshift clip we could use. Or carry some wire twist ties, the type that come with cheap garbage bags. The thin wire they are made of is handy on the hill for lots of stuff.
Maybe mine was stuck or hung up for a second? Who knows… 721km now, hasn’t done it a second time

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in addition to carrying xtra clips, i put a shot of silicone spray on either end of the wastegate actuator.

Top Bottom