2011-12 xp dj kit results

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran it on my 2011 800 etec 163 i used the mountain ramps, helix and weighted it at 14.5 g it pulled very well, woke the sled up! I would do it again in a heart beat

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are other options out there that work as well.

I have run Joey's kits in the past. Now that my clutching knowledge has grown I would look at all available options.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would only use DJ kits because I know they work awsome. I love the engine break with the kits, and that was on last 3 sleds......Why change.........

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with bounce on this one. I ran his kit a couple different times. Like he said once i learned more about clutching his stuff went in the trash and was replaced with parts from other guys that are 100% mountain riders. His stuff is a bit better than stock but not near what the other mountain clutch set ups can make your sled do. He is from Thunder Bay if i was a trail rider he would probably be my first call....just sayin

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which Bikeman setup are you running?

cant recall. ill look for some paperwork. i used to order from cory micku and im pretty sure he used to adjust the standard "bikeman xp mountain kit" for whatever sled i was building.

i dont think you could go wrong with the standard bikeman kit and just play around with the springs depending on track size etc. i think he only ever changed the primary spring color for me depending on the sled

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want the bikeman kit, go to the bikeman site and you can order it online.

Lots of dealers recommend a kit like DJ's because they do not do their own clutching. Its easier for them to buy a kit from someone and sell it for a small profit and install it for more profit for you.

There is no one kit that suits everyone. There are some pretty good base lines to start off of though. Many shops and dealers offer their own clutch set up. Those guys are typically guys who ride what they sell and know what works year after year.

Determine what is lacking with your current clutching, learn either what it is going to take to fix it, or how to explain to a clutch guru what you wish to improve if you can't make those decisions on your own and go from there.

steve a

Reaction score
so are most people just doing the primary or you probley get better results if you work on the secondary also

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The helix is very important.

The two have to work together. Just doing a primary spring, ramps and maybe oversized rollers depending on your application isn't going to help with backshifting and engine breaking as well as everything else that causes the secondary to be driven.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mabey i will give the cory bikeman kit a try...do they have a base pin weight to start with for different track sizes?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you give him a call and tell him everything about you, your sled, how and where you ride he will put together something that will be pretty much bang on. And if there is something you dont like or question once installed call him and he will recommend adjustments to make it perfect for you. Bikeman is a good name on the mountain with Cory Micku calling the shots on that end. I wouldnt hesitate to try their stuff. Another one that i like and run on my stuff is Roosterbuilt clutching, might wanna talk to them too. Make an informed decision on who you give your money, it will be worth it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mabey i will give the cory bikeman kit a try...do they have a base pin weight to start with for different track sizes?

Yep it's pretty amazing. Cory has nailed it right down to the gram every time never even had to adjust. Only problem is I don't think revolution performance is in business still? Not sure what Cory's plans are I haven't talked to him in a while.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you give him a call and tell him everything about you, your sled, how and where you ride he will put together something that will be pretty much bang on. And if there is something you dont like or question once installed call him and he will recommend adjustments to make it perfect for you. Bikeman is a good name on the mountain with Cory Micku calling the shots on that end. I wouldnt hesitate to try their stuff. Another one that i like and run on my stuff is Roosterbuilt clutching, might wanna talk to them too. Make an informed decision on who you give your money, it will be worth it

I'm extremely happy with my roosterbuilt kit in my 09, the whole setup was bang on what I was looking for!!, plus he's a mountain rider that develops his own kit.
Micku's kit would be definitely worth looking into as well.
Pistonbroke have you tried roosters etec kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom