2010 M8 Cutting out

potoski

Reaction score
Sled will go 50-500 ft then it dies. Feels like it's running out of fuel, but it's not. Don't know where to start. Heard maybe stater issues? fuel pump? fuel filter? Any help would be awesome!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd start by checking your fuel delivery system. Are you going uphill when it happens? Hot on the throttle, or trail speed?

First thing I would do is pull the pickups and make sure they are clean and working. You might need someone with small hands to reach into your fuel tank. The diaphragms should pop up when pressed down, and be clean, no gummy residue. I'd check your grounds too.

Hope it's not your stater :(

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try dis-connecting the kill switch. I had the same thing happen to mine. Turned out it was just a faulty cable.

dony409

Reaction score
sometimes if the fuel filter is plugged but stilll flows a little it will cause this. does the sled actually die? and if it does how many pulls to restart?

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes if you get a small amount of water in the gas it will have these symptoms as well.... the injectors are too fine to puch a bead of water through them so they just die. you can try putting some iso in the tank, some people dont do it, but i havent any problems. also pull the fuel rail off and pull it over a few times to try and evacuate the bad fuel....good luck

JLARSH

Reaction score
Like stated above check the rear pickup in the tank. Pull out the cloth like material in the diaphram then put back together, should be problem solved.

Top Bottom