2010 M8 clutching

cdnsledder

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a flyweight rider at 145lbs wet and am primarily a boondocker and play in the trees kinda rider; can you recommend a good clutching setup for me? willing to put a few hundred bucks into it for the right setup or heck even an improved stock setup would be great.

I am told all the power is to be found in the clutching but i dont know anything when it comes to setup and dont have the patience or $$$ to try different setups.

2010 M8 SP, intake, powercommander5 everything else is stock.

i really appreciate your insight, thanks in advance.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a flyweight rider at 145lbs wet and am primarily a boondocker and play in the trees kinda rider; can you recommend a good clutching setup for me? willing to put a few hundred bucks into it for the right setup or heck even an improved stock setup would be great.

I am told all the power is to be found in the clutching but i dont know anything when it comes to setup and dont have the patience or $$$ to try different setups.

Hey take your sled into mountain magic and get them to set up your clutching, you wont be disappointed. They have the set up that works and they ride cats so i would go to where the mechanics ride what they sell and work on. Tell them Darren referred you. ask for Bruce or Ken.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What intake are you running with the PCV? I have a BDX and I'm waiting on a map from Echo but who knows....

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
You need to run a 44/38 progressive helix and different primary spring,(got one on the shelf for this years demo)..Call me....Mark @ T&T Powersports 780-826-6121...You won't be dissapointed...We can point you in the right direction with your suspension too..

cdnsledder

Reaction score
What intake are you running with the PCV? I have a BDX and I'm waiting on a map from Echo but who knows....

Actually you and I are in the same boat. I bought (ordered, still waiting) the Cat intake racing version. So my bumper is all drilled out and screened. Can't wait to try it out. Weight savings and heat dissipation under the hood alone will be worth it.

No map yet, waiting on Echo Cycle in Edmonton as well. I think his name is Josh who is making the map up.

Every time i go in there they are helpful and educated. Great group of guys!

cdnsledder

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got off the phone with Mark at T&T like Shredder had suggested and Mark gave me lots of great info and tips. I ordered up the helix and primary spring update.

Like I told Mark it seems that the Edmonton and northern Cat dealerships are top notch.

Money well spent (and not even that much of it)!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually you and I are in the same boat. I bought (ordered, still waiting) the Cat intake racing version. So my bumper is all drilled out and screened. Can't wait to try it out. Weight savings and heat dissipation under the hood alone will be worth it.

No map yet, waiting on Echo Cycle in Edmonton as well. I think his name is Josh who is making the map up.

Every time i go in there they are helpful and educated. Great group of guys!

Yeahh Josh is the guy. He says it has to be -5 for them to roll a sled up to the dyno. I don't really understand why, but I'm getting sort of antsy. I have a trip in the works in less than two weeks and still no correct fuel map. Right now I have a map programmed in for a pipe/y-pipe combo so I know it's MORE rich than I need to be. Hopefully he pulls through for us!

What helix, spring combo are you running now? Next up for me is clutching. Right now I just have the shift assist in.

cdnsledder

Reaction score
Yeahh Josh is the guy. He says it has to be -5 for them to roll a sled up to the dyno. I don't really understand why, but I'm getting sort of antsy. I have a trip in the works in less than two weeks and still no correct fuel map. Right now I have a map programmed in for a pipe/y-pipe combo so I know it's MORE rich than I need to be. Hopefully he pulls through for us!

What helix, spring combo are you running now? Next up for me is clutching. Right now I just have the shift assist in.

Mark told me but i can't remember... sorry, damn memory, because of my light rider weight the stock spring was good but the helix was so odd it was one he had to order in. but the helix is the Dalton E-series, apparently the latest greatest. yanked apart my primary to find my spring in two pieces as well. so he has got the updated/recall spring on the way too.

I also gave Josh and guys my rear shocks for the burandt revalve so hopefully that 400 bucks is worth it. Snowest seemed to think it was the greatest deal ever.

cdnsledder

Reaction score
If you are running a PC5 you sould buy an auto tuner..Run it direct and let in build the map for you...

I like the sound of an autotune, i am not exactly the kind of guy who wants to do a manual tune... pull the cord and lets get at'er!

I will look into it, thanks

Top Bottom