2009 D8 Clutching/gearing

DragonH

Reaction score
Anyone done any clutching/gearing changes to their '09 D8? Sled is stock except for MBRP can. Considering SLP stage 2 or 3 kit in the future which would come with the appropriate clutch kit but I would like to hear about any changes to a basically stock setup (or post links to other threads).:beer:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 09 gearing should be ok, polaris geared the 09 lower than the 08. clutching will depend on what else you do. 19/42 or you can drop to a 19/43 but you would need a diff (longer) chain for the 19/43. The 19/43 works well if you ride the hills all the time.

Chris

DragonH

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, just curious, what does the 09 D8 have for stock gearing?

geelak900

Reaction score
Stock is 19/41.
Here's a thread I posted in the "other" forum which basically covers my set up. PM me if you want info on how to get the "Rons" weights.

I have worked with mine to get it to this point and it RIPS, I couldn't be happier with this set up.
Gear to 19/42 or 19/43 (I have 42) Run Ron's weights for your altitude
(username "Ron" here on "other forum", contact him give him your specs, he builds a true custom weight that is key to my performance I believe, thanks Ron),
Carls Cycle helix, from memory its 60/42 .40 ER or close, easiest to just buy from Carls on line. (talk to Ron first he may have one) I run SLP blue/pink primary, basically a 140/340 spring. Make sure your primary is clean and make sure you set your belt side clearance right. Most stock seem to be off with 115 belt which is what you should run and dealers don't set them up right from what I've seen(or don't bother in most cases). Set the side clearance to 0.015" or near. This makes a big difference, underated performance gain on this sled.
Run stock black/purple sec. spring but add Delrin washers. I run two, one under the cup, one between cup and spring. Available from dealer or TEAM.
Make sure you set belt deflection right. Another underated and often out of adjustment performance gainer. Run it tight, to the point of squeel or creep but a hair less.
I run single pipe and PCV SLP stage 1 map, ethanol wires connected but I run higher elevation, 3000-9000. Map still seems a hair rich but they do say to turn on a low elevation "accel pump" option on the PCV for low elevation riding so not sure for you on the PC111, look into that.

Good luck and enjoy.

Top Bottom