2008 Summit 800R MBRP Upgrade

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested....

Here are pictures of before (Stock) and after (MBRP). Haven't had a chance to hit higher RPM's yet, but it definately sounds throatier at lower RPM's than stock.

Attachments

• Stock Muffler - Small Res.jpg
    Stock Muffler - Small Res.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 265
  • MBRP - Small Res.jpg
    MBRP - Small Res.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 270

GRD

Reaction score
If anyone is interested....

Here are pictures of before (Stock) and after (MBRP). Haven't had a chance to hit higher RPM's yet, but it definately sounds throatier at lower RPM's than stock.

Everything looks nice and shinny when it is new.....

brappp, brappp....

Sounds good to me..

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did u purchase ur can and what was the price tag

I just got Martin Equipment (West End Edmonton) to bring it in for me. I looked at Royal, but by the time you take into account the shipping on it vs the discount at Martin for buying the ski-doo there, the price was virtually the same ($300).

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what your thoughts on the chain length - looks pretty long . maybe break easy. did they goto 15 wide - must of with that kind of length

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that if Blair Morgan and the rest of the Ski-doo Team cannot break it, I will be fine... I hope. There will be a lot of unhappy sledders if the major issues have not been ironed out on these units.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Xp 163's you can actually take the stock 106 shain off and a 104 link chain will fit right on.. the benefit to this is that there isn't a big bend in the chain(more efficent). Also if you buy a new 15W top gear and then a new 15W chain you are good to go and will have 15W chain in there which they had on the '07's.

Top Bottom