2007 Skidoo 800R clutching and Motor Upgrades

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im lookin to do some stuff to my 07 XRS 159. My clutching seems fine but i notice it does drop sometimes, but the :nitro: helps when it does that. I have been told to do a head and an rejet a little. But im wondering what anyone has done to theres if any one has. It has lots of power but i was told by a few different people that the head is a big difference. So im just lookin for opinions from some people.

doo800

Reaction score
I would go to a 860 kit. The info is on RK TEK website on why the engine power drops off on a long pull on a hill. This kit is relatevly cheap to do. Ralph at split second does these kits. I am getting mine done as we speak. Should have my motor back the end of the month. RK TEK claims 185hp, but 175hp would be the real gain you would see.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but if im going that route, id just do sled shed 888(an 860) just cause hes local. I looked at cudney in ontario and he has some good stuff to. I just dont want to dump 2k in the motor when it still runs fine. For 400 bones for the head(i just want higher compression=more power).

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you like the track or did you change it,my buddy thinks i should change it for the 06 powder track softer rubber apparently, what's this thing can and where did you get it....thanks.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey sorry bout the late response to your post. I like my track just fine. My sled preforms well right from the get go. Im installing a head and a dyno port pipe this year along with some more clutching mods. I think it is more the rider than the track.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for info what is "the thing can" i got my can from Specialty Sleds works fine, but not very loud, also doing clutch mods getting Jarid @ Absolute power to hook me up, most of the guys that i have talked to have put a powder max track, not sure what to do.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey thanks for info what is "the thing can" i got my can from Specialty Sleds works fine, but not very loud, also doing clutch mods getting Jarid @ Absolute power to hook me up, most of the guys that i have talked to have put a powder max track, not sure what to do.

YOU SHOULD CONTACT DYNAMOJOE(MEMBER ON THE SITE HERE... HE'S FROM DOWN EAST AND HE'S LIKE THE SKI-DOO CLUTCHING GOD... HE'S ALL OVER DOOTALK.COM AND HE CAN SET YOU UP ON THE CHEAP TOO... MY CLUTCH FOR MY 1000RT WAS ONLY A COUPLE HUN!!! I KNOW LOTS OF MEMBERS ON THIS SITE WITH HIS KITS

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im gettin mine done at the dealer under warranty right now(clutch update). but if that dont fix it im going to a dynamoe joe kit. I here nothin but good things about his stuff. Well i might have a pipe and head by next week if i can get home to buy it.Im gonna run my trck for this year then im gonna big wheel it and a 162 maverick track for next year. I have talked to lots of guys that like them also as a climbing and a good boondockin tack. But ill wait and see.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O ya and the "thing" can is from the sled shed in revelstoke,bc. It is much louder that stock but not to loud. If you want loud, buy the jaws pipes. Now those will kill you ears after a year of ridin

JONESIN4SNOW

Reaction score
I was also dissapointed with the lack of volume from my can(mbrp) eric @ specialty explained that the exaust ports on the 800r powertek are different than the old motors so as i understand it it wont matter what you bolt on. Has anyone else heard that?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was also dissapointed with the lack of volume from my can(mbrp) eric @ specialty explained that the exaust ports on the 800r powertek are different than the old motors so as i understand it it wont matter what you bolt on. Has anyone else heard that?

Nope never herd that before.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine put a BRP can on his X-Rs last winter and it sounds great. Not as loud as an mbrp but still had good volume.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I heard that as well,
1 have a 04 800HO with a MBRP can on it and i have 07 800R with the same can and HO sounds way better

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was curious why my MBRP wasn't as loud as the MBRP on my brother-in-law's 06 Summit. Interesting...

swartzwrecking

Reaction score
I have two 07 xrs 800's, one has a dynoport can and one has a jaws can. The jaws can sounds awesome and the dynoport can just sounds stock, i wasnt very impressed. But I would deffently recommend you extending your track to a 162 2.5. It made a pretty big difference with mine.

Top Bottom