2007 Polaris RMK 600 155'' **Please help**

ltyerman

Reaction score
Hey so I am looking at purchasing this sled in a few days and have some questions.
The sled is a 2007 Polaris RMK 600 with a 155'' track, around 2500 km for $3100. Good deal? It has a few mods which ill list below:
-SLP Pipe and can
-SlP Big air kit
-Vforce reeds
-Clutched and jetted
-New gauges

1) My buddy rides a 2004 RMK 800 Vertical Edge, will i be left in his dust every time or can I at least keep up? We would ride trail, trees, and mountains in BC

2) What are the tracks like on these? The lug length is quite long so im just wondering if there are any trenching or wear problems?

3) Anything I should replace or fix on the sled to prevent problems or improve the experience?

4) Any other comments or opinions would be great thanks.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much you weigh will make a difference. If your 150lbs you would have a great time on a 600. If your 240 it will be a good local sled but In deep mountain snow days your gonna have work your butt off to get around. As far as price goes that sounds like decent deal.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal, and you would have no problem keeping up with your buddy. I'm 155 lbs and have a 600 that totally keeps up with the 800's in my group, I'm just on the gas more at times, and don't care about the race from and back to truck on the trails lol

ltyerman

Reaction score
Okay perfect man! you have any suggestions for mods or things that need work? if i get left in the dust i may just invest in a 727 big bore kit as i grow out of the 600 and get used to the sled.

ltyerman

Reaction score
Any other opinions? ive heard the bumpers are **** so you guys/gals have any input? if i get a replacement bumper do i have to do the radiator delete?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could put the 09-10 iq chassis bumper and front Bellypan on. I would recommend taking the bars off and running a pipe down the steering column, one that will barely fit. Weld or get someone to weld the top of it then grind it clean then reinstall the bars, much Stronger and better to do it now then have the column break at the first pivot point when your in the backcountry. Not much you can do about the second pivot point under the motor, the upper one is the one that usually breaks anyway.

ltyerman

Reaction score
You could put the 09-10 iq chassis bumper and front Bellypan on. I would recommend taking the bars off and running a pipe down the steering column, one that will barely fit. Weld or get someone to weld the top of it then grind it clean then reinstall the bars, much Stronger and better to do it now then have the column break at the first pivot point when your in the backcountry. Not much you can do about the second pivot point under the motor, the upper one is the one that usually breaks anyway.

And how much modification would be needed for that bumper to fit? rad delete or is there more? Do the bars have a tendency to break?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And how much modification would be needed for that bumper to fit? rad delete or is there more? Do the bars have a tendency to break?

I am not to sure about the rad delete. It's not the bars that break its the steering stem or column underneath the riser block.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the best way to fix it? i meant the steering column but for some reason i said bars.

Pull the bars off and the plate under neither them. Go to a welding shop or something similar and get a piece of pipe that barely fits down their, hammer it in and cut the top off flush then weld or get someone to weld the top of it to the rest of the steering column grind it somewhat clean then reinstall the plate and bars.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had that same sled. I was about the same size as you when I had it. It went really good in the mountains and around here I had no trouble keeping up with my buddy's and there 800. The reason I got rid of it as it had an electrical issue with reverse and cycle works could not fix it. The only thing I would do to that sled is put variflow on it cause jetting is a paint in the azz on that sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom